PDA

View Full Version : Annnnnnd back to the ear.

bingjam
13-12-17, 16:46
So since October I’ve been having some ear problems

I went back to the doctors for the 4 th time about them since october.

She said my ear looks like it’s flakey inside and the pain I’m having is through a severe ear infection. She gave me 4 weeks worth of antibiotic drops mixed with steroids to put in my ear 3/4 times a day. My ear feel really full and there is so much pressure.

But today my throat is a bit sore and there’s a lump in front of my ear and it hurts when I open my mouth to far.

are these drop antibiotics as good as oral antibiotics???

I’m just worried they aren’t and the infection isn’t going to get better!!!!

snowflake293
13-12-17, 17:04
So since October I’ve been having some ear problems

I went back to the doctors for the 4 th time about them since october.

She said my ear looks like it’s flakey inside and the pain I’m having is through a severe ear infection. She gave me 4 weeks worth of antibiotic drops mixed with steroids to put in my ear 3/4 times a day. My ear feel really full and there is so much pressure.

But today my throat is a bit sore and there’s a lump in front of my ear and it hurts when I open my mouth to far.

are these drop antibiotics as good as oral antibiotics???

I’m just worried they aren’t and the infection isn’t going to get better!!!!

I had exactly what you are describing a few years ago and it drove me insane. I was feeling pressure/crackling in my ears and popping and had sore throat/swollen lymph nodes at the same time. My anxiety was through the roof and I was convinced it was something terrible.

It took a long time to go away but eventually it did. I found having hot showers helped cause of the steam so you could try that. The lump in front of your ear sounds like a swollen lymph node, probably due to the infection and nothing to worry about :)

When I had this ear problem I was very stressed and run down. I think our anxiety makes us more susceptible to infections.

Hope it clears up soon. Perhaps taking a decongestant like Sudofed may help also?

bingjam
13-12-17, 17:20
Hi thanks for replying. It’s just making me so miserable. I got hardly any sleep last night because of the pressure and pain I honestly thought my ear drum was going to pop it was hat bad.
It’s also making me really narky with people and I’m not like that at all so I know it’s bringing me down.

I am feeling overly stressed and anxious right now so I guess that’s not helping

I can’t take Sudafed cause I’m a 27 year old baby who still can’t swallow tablets ������ I have been using one of them stick things that I put up my nose and breath in cause I do feel all stuffy too.

I have a hot bath every night so I’ll opt for the hot shower tonight instead.
thank you so much for the reply