PDA

View Full Version : DISEQUILIBRIUM/IMBALANCE?? Brain tumor??

CG5246
13-12-17, 19:28
Hi, here I am again with another post...29 years old and been dealing with HA for the past few months. I have had disequilibrium on and off for the past year. To describe how it feels--basically when I am walking, it feels like I am being slightly pulled to the side, like I am swaying, but I don't think I actually am. The first episode was early spring when I was still living in the US. They told me it was allergies since I had post nasal drip too, and gave me Flonase and told me that the disequilibrium would cure itself in time and I had to wait it out. It went away after a couple months and then came back for a few weeks, went away again and then came back a couple months later after I had moved internationally with my family. It didn't happen right after the plane ride. It happened about a month and a half after we moved here, on one of the days that the movers were moving things into my house. The thing is about this move, if this is stress/anxiety related--I wanted to move here, and everything went probably as smoothly as it could have. So this just makes no sense. ALSO on the allergies front--I had an allergy test about a month or so ago and I have no allergies...so that was wrong...Had a CT scan and my sinuses are clear and they didn't see anything on my inner ear...

Anyway, I've now had this disequilibrium for almost a month a half. I went to a neurologist, she had me stand in place with my eyes closed and my arms extended outwards for 30 seconds. She said I was very stable, so I passed that test evidently. Then she had me close my eyes and march in place for 30 seconds. When I opened my eyes I had turned to the right. She told me that this is an inner ear problem, an infection, and told me it would fix itself in time and to walk a lot (which I had been doing, so that was frustrating to hear). She also told me to go to physical therapy to deal with it, which I didn't, but I am worried it is not my inner ear. Well it still hasn't fixed itself. Some days it feels better than others, interestingly enough SOMETIMES it seems that it's worse when I think about it...however, even when I'm not thinking about it, I still feel it a little. Sometimes I also feel like I'm imbalanced while sitting on my chair.

It had actually felt a little better earlier last week but I guess I didn't help myself by traveling by train this past weekend, even my husband was feeling imbalanced, but I know his will go away....sigh...

I went to two different ENTs and neither of them think it's my inner ear since the rest of my ear looks normal and since I've been feeling this way for so long. They both said they will check if it's my inner ear at my next appointment, but they don't think that's the problem. One of the ENTs said that it could be neurological or something with the spine, but if all that comes back normal then she said "stress".

I am terrified because this disequilibrium keeps happening and hasn't gone away. I am so tired of feeling this way and I am terrified that I actually have a brain tumor since I have been getting headaches on and off in many different areas of my head.

I don't know if this is worth noting as well that I have only slept 4-5 hours, some nights even less, most days for the past almost 3 months now, and even those hours are interrupted, since I am so terrified about what's going on with me. Thoughts?? I could really use advice/honesty. Thank you!

CG5246
14-12-17, 06:32
Bump

darkside4k
14-12-17, 18:48
I had something similar to this that latest for months to be honest. Gave me headaches some too. Eventually just went away with time and honestly trying not to focus on it helped too.

Then a year or two later I had ANOTHER ear problem (I guess?) that legit would make the room spin for like 2-3 seconds drastically and then come back to normal. I don't know what was up with that. Came about once a day for a few weeks. Was scary but went away.

CG5246
15-12-17, 14:13
I had something similar to this that latest for months to be honest. Gave me headaches some too. Eventually just went away with time and honestly trying not to focus on it helped too.

Then a year or two later I had ANOTHER ear problem (I guess?) that legit would make the room spin for like 2-3 seconds drastically and then come back to normal. I don't know what was up with that. Came about once a day for a few weeks. Was scary but went away.

It's so strange! And Dr. Google is the WORST for things like this...do you think yours was a result of anxiety? I am starting to think that maybe mine is anxiety...I don't notice it as much when I'm busy doing something. However, it still hasn't gone away.