PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for me

vicky23
13-12-17, 19:40
Hi guys, so I'm having a panic attack at the moment. I have IBS and I'm in the middle of an attack but we have a plumber here so I'm freaking out. Normally the pain goes after a loose bowel movement but it's sticking around I guess cos of the panic but I really don't want to go to the bathroom again when a stranger is a few feet away :blush:
Thanks in advance
X

Pepperpot
13-12-17, 19:57
Keep yourself busy. Tell yourself that if you really really needed to go, you could x

vicky23
13-12-17, 20:29
Thank you for your reply I appreciate it. I did end up having to go to the toilet but he is human too. I feel a bit better now not feeling the sense of urgency. I'm getting the typical symptoms of a panic attack but my anxious brain is trying to convince me it's a stomach bug and I'm worrying about having to go to work tomorrow �� trying to be rational is really hard when in the midst of it Xx

Catherine S
13-12-17, 21:11
Asking people to pray for you is a bit strong. You've got a plumber in the house not the devil. Try sitting down and taking a few deep breaths until he's gone.

Cath S

Ethansmom
13-12-17, 21:26
I'm glad you are okay. We are here for you!

Iwant2bhealthy
13-12-17, 22:29
Vicky, I'm about to go to bed now, and I want you to know that I will pray for you tonight. I will pray for your recovery from anxiety and panic and your general wellbeing.

Take care and I hope you are feeling better already!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Catherine S
13-12-17, 23:11
IBS is a very uncomfortable, painful and sometimes embarrassing condition but it's not life threatening, nor are panic attacks and i'm familiar with both. Asking for people to pray for you whilst having 'attacks' of either condition is a touch dramatic. I prefer to save my prayers for those who are really in need of them. Such as those who have, or are recovering from serious illnesses. Even God knows the difference.

So I won't pray for you Vicki, but I do wish you a peaceful pain free night.

Take care
Cath S x

Iwant2bhealthy
14-12-17, 09:35
Good morning Vicky! I included you in my morning prayer again. :-) I hope all is well by now and that you will have a nice, panic free day. :-)

vicky23
14-12-17, 10:00
Thank you everyone for your replies.
Catherine I come from a Church where everyone prays about everything and we always say 'nothing is too big or small for God' As part of my therapy I'm working on not texting my Church family because I know that it's a safety behaviour. At the same time I texted a trusted friend and asked for her advice because I feel like I shouldn't be asking God to rescue me from every situation but like I said in the midst of panic it's hard to be rational so I came on here because I know some people don't mind praying for anything and everything and if they didn't then they, like you did, would offer a bit of advice.
I'm sorry if I caused any offence if you or anyone you love is going through harrowing times.
Best wishes

Ethansmom
14-12-17, 15:04
I don't think you offended anyone. You can always ask your guardian angel for help when you are in the midst of a panic attack. That's what i was told :) I don't think you are being dramatic. Panic attacks can be very frightening and you can feel like your dying (even though you are not). Our minds can be very powerful.

Catherine S
14-12-17, 16:27
No offence meant or taken Vicki, if y'all pray about anything & everything, that would explain your prayer request. I just found it a little over the top. But I hope you've had a better day today. Minus the plumber.

Cath S ☺

LeFi_81
18-12-17, 14:51
Praying is also a form of meditation. Go for it you all!

Iwant2bhealthy
19-12-17, 12:57
How are you doing vicky? :-)

vicky23
19-12-17, 13:38
Hi,
I'm ok thank you! I'm a bit stressed in the run up to Christmas because I work in a shop so things get very busy and I work more. I've also got the in laws coming to stay with us which I worry about but I'm trying to be rational. I'm partly excited looking forward to seeing them partly scared about having people stay with us.
How are you doing at the moment?
XXX

Iwant2bhealthy
20-12-17, 13:06
Glad to hear you are better! All is fine on my end. I am considering stopping with medication in the near future but I'm too afraid to take that step now...

vicky23
20-12-17, 17:46
Oh that's a tough one,
I've gradually halved my dose of sertraline so I'm now on 50mg. I sometimes feel like maybe I need to increase again but then I remember times I was equally anxious at 100mg so :shrug:
Hope it goes well for you
X