PDA

View Full Version : High b12 (should I get it checked?

zoha
14-12-17, 03:37
Hello,
It's the first time ever I enter forums, but this is due to my worry if i should go check the high b12 reasons or I can wait till I finish breastfeeding my newborn. Honestly, I do not want to hear any bad news from doctors that might put me under stress or under certain medications, and thus affect my exclusive breastfeeding. I discovered that i have high b12 suddenly as i was doing general tests checkup. The only supplement I took that had b12 was Gyntardyferon that the dr prescribed during my first pregnancy. however i continued taking it after delivery for the period of almost 3 year whenever i was on diet, cos i, by nature, have mild anemia. as the family doctor did all the necessary tests and had me stop all vitamins, the b12 result stayed elevated and he asked me to visit a haematologist, yet at that same period i conceived with my second child. so we postponed the visit as the dr said the results in pregnancy will be diluted. throughout all pregnancy b12 was back to normal, and now, two months after delivery b12 is high again to the previous levels. I am wondering if it is really urgent to visit a hematologist or this can wait. i have no other symptoms or abnormal blood test results. i actually feel very well and healthy. Oh, I do get itchy skin often (donno why too)

venusbluejeans
14-12-17, 03:48
Hiya zoha and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: