PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you had some positive experiences with Zoloft/Sertraline?

bella33
14-12-17, 04:16
I recently saw a psych NP and got prescribed zoloft 25mg for anxiety/OCD. I'm super nervous to take it because I've never tried any type of medication for anxiety before, but I'm at a point where I think I definitely need to try something else. I'm also a pretty big hypochondriac so it doesn't help that I'm already worrying about my health/mental health 24/7, let alone adding something new into my body that could cause side effects.
Has anyone on here had some positive experiences with this medication? I'm pretty scared to take it, but I know that medication helps so many people so much and was wondering if anyone here has found that it's helped them too.
Thanks! :)

kesrussell
14-12-17, 14:16
I recently saw a psych NP and got prescribed zoloft 25mg for anxiety/OCD. I'm super nervous to take it because I've never tried any type of medication for anxiety before, but I'm at a point where I think I definitely need to try something else. I'm also a pretty big hypochondriac so it doesn't help that I'm already worrying about my health/mental health 24/7, let alone adding something new into my body that could cause side effects.
Has anyone on here had some positive experiences with this medication? I'm pretty scared to take it, but I know that medication helps so many people so much and was wondering if anyone here has found that it's helped them too.
Thanks! :)Ive been put on zoloft before and the side effects were way to much for me. It didnt benefit me at all. Everyone is different of course but for me, i got more depressed, more anxious, lost my appetite and just felt like a zombie. But it may work for you. And i hope it does. Im just letting you know how it made me feel. For me buspar is what works. But everyone is different. So i hope zoloft works for you. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bella33
15-12-17, 03:37
Ive been put on zoloft before and the side effects were way to much for me. It didnt benefit me at all. Everyone is different of course but for me, i got more depressed, more anxious, lost my appetite and just felt like a zombie. But it may work for you. And i hope it does. Im just letting you know how it made me feel. For me buspar is what works. But everyone is different. So i hope zoloft works for you. :3

Thank you! and thanks for sharing your experience with it. I still haven't started it but I think I may just give it a shot finally tomorrow. I guess I won't know until I try after all.

kesrussell
15-12-17, 03:38
Thank you! and thanks for sharing your experience with it. I still haven't started it but I think I may just give it a shot finally tomorrow. I guess I won't know until I try after all.Of course. Hope things turn out well for you!

Flossie17
15-12-17, 11:37
Thanks! :)

Hi Bella

I've been on Sertraline since October and it's been really helpful. The first few weeks were honestly not good - I felt dizzy and spaced out (almost drunk) for a while and only started to feel good after about two weeks. It did feel as though a massive cloud had lifted off me after two weeks, and after about six weeks I felt pretty much normal.

I'm taking it for depression and anxiety - it did make both worse initially but they're getting better. The anxiety is still a struggle, so I've recently moved up to 100mg.

So I think it can be hard getting started on Sertraline, but it's definitely worth a try as it has made me feel so much better!

Look after yourself :)

bella33
15-12-17, 18:59
Hi Bella

I've been on Sertraline since October and it's been really helpful. The first few weeks were honestly not good - I felt dizzy and spaced out (almost drunk) for a while and only started to feel good after about two weeks. It did feel as though a massive cloud had lifted off me after two weeks, and after about six weeks I felt pretty much normal.

I'm taking it for depression and anxiety - it did make both worse initially but they're getting better. The anxiety is still a struggle, so I've recently moved up to 100mg.

So I think it can be hard getting started on Sertraline, but it's definitely worth a try as it has made me feel so much better!

Look after yourself :)

Hi Flossie, Thanks so much for your reply! I was prescribed Sertraline for severe anxiety and OCD. From what I've read online I have seen that for most people it looks like the first two weeks are really rough and then it goes slowly up from there. That's so great that it worked for you! I've been so nervous about starting medicine but I think it is time I finally give it a shot.
Thanks again! :)