PDA

View Full Version : Hello! What a great site!

MattAsbury
24-06-07, 12:25
Hi im Matt from Lancashire, England. Im 34 and in February i received some vaccinations to travel to the Middle East for some work i had on over there.

Three days after my jabs i went on a night out and drank a lot as i usually did. The next morning in work i had what i now know to be a panic attack, it was a frightening experience but i put it down to the drink and lack of sleep etc. When i left work that day i was due to go to Manchester for a night out with some friends. I stopped at the Trafford Centre and within 5 minutes of entering had another attack and had to run out to my car.

I felt ill for the next few months, extreme dizziness, feelings of nausea, hot sweats, headaches and fatigue. I went o the doctors and they said i had just had a bad reaction to the jabs. I returned to work but always felt worse there due to my fear of being ill in the office. I am a consultant in my office so as its a secondment i felt more self conscious about being ill.

I went to Amsterdam 2 months ago, i felt ill all the way upto it but went along and drank my way through the feelings i had on the first day. The next morning i had a massive attack in the centre of Amsterdam and spent the rest of my holiday locked in my hotel room alone dreading having to leave for the journey home.

On my return i saw a consultant who said i had been suffering panic attacks but he felt i had M.E due to the injections. I believed this and felt awful for weeks. I have just returned to work part time after 7 weeks off, i am taking valium which helps and things are improving greatly.

Finding this site has made me so happy, i realise that so many people have gone through simialr things and to much greater degrees. I now feel certain i dont have M.E im sure its a panic disorder. I can now start working at my rehabilitation i have bought a book on CBT and am trying to work at improving my avoidance.

So thanks to everyone who set this site up and i look forward to speaking to you all soon,

Cheers

Matt x

PUGLETMUM
24-06-07, 12:40
:) hi matt,
firstly hello, secondly im 35 and from almost your neck of the woods - warrington in cheshire.

im pleased for you that you have found out about this so quickly, and i believe 100% that will be the key for you, as so many people struggled on for long periods of time not knowing what was the matter and all the time getting worse, so im glad that hasnt happened to you.

also as youve mentioned its the aviodance that turns it into a disorder/phobia so you are now not doing that and you can continue to get yourself back to where you was before, please dont let this situation put a stop to your life, you can suffer anxiety/panic and live a good life as many people will tell you on here:yesyes:
anyway all the best to you emma

manmoor
24-06-07, 13:05
Hi Matt,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

EebyJeeby
24-06-07, 14:09
Welcome to the site Matt - good to see you here!

Sounds like you've accepted that what you have been experiencing is panic and anxiety and are moving towards finding yourself a way through. Well done!

There is a lot of helpful info on this site (see links left) which will help and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask on the forums.

Recovery does take time, so give yourself plenty of it. Be kind to yourself.

Eeb x

Lindalou64
24-06-07, 14:31
hi matt and welcome....Linda

trac67
24-06-07, 15:16
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

honeybee3939
24-06-07, 16:04
Hi Matt

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Southern_Belle
24-06-07, 16:59
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many people who feel exactly like you do. There is also tons of support here.

Laura

groovygranny
26-06-07, 20:45
Hi Matt, :welcome:to you!

Plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:)

nomorepanic
26-06-07, 21:39
Hi Matt

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and support and you meet some fab people here.

Pink Princess
27-06-07, 23:33
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx