PDA

View Full Version : Mouth worries again

LF87
14-12-17, 21:02
Hi,
My main HA has always been mouth C. Today I was given penicillin as I have tonsillitis, which isn't so bad. But it has caused me to start obsessing over this weird nobbly thing on the back of my tongue from months ago. I found it running my tongue over my mouth when I had an ulcer and immediately went to the doctors. She said it was of no concern and not a thing she would be concerned about, and to come back if got any bigger. Well 6 months on, I've just talked myself into thinking it feels bigger. Probably not a good idea to be sticking my fingers in my mouth wheh I have tonsillitis but yeah, that's what I'm doing. Can anyone reassure me? Could I imagine it feeling bigger?

Fishmanpa
14-12-17, 21:08
She said it was of no concern and not a thing she would be concerned about

Your doctor gave you the best possible reassurance.

Positive thoughts

LF87
14-12-17, 21:15
Thanks Fishman. She did say if it gets bigger come back though, not sure if she just says that to sound like she's taking it seriously.
It's a weird thing though and isn't on the other side. But she did see it?
I dunno why I'm obsessing again :(

Fishmanpa
14-12-17, 21:57
It's called CYA (Cover Your Arse) medicine. I don't know a doctor worth their salt that doesn't say that ;)

Positive thoughts

LF87
14-12-17, 22:38
Thank you Fishman as always!

Darksky
14-12-17, 22:53
I was reading through and was about to post the exact same, then I saw Fishmanpa beat me to it. Most definately covering her arse ;)

If she was even remotely concerned you would have been in for tests. You have been fine with it for the last six months, it's just anxiety locking onto it. But yeah, unless you have clinically clean fingers keep them out of your mouth at the moment lol

LF87
14-12-17, 23:46
Thank you Darksky! Definitely need to stop sticking my fingers in my mouth, probably not helping the current infection haha.
Thanks for replying :)

LF87
18-12-17, 13:09
Ok so I can't let this go. I've been feeling it with my tongue and fingers every spare minute. It's like a little nodule, a little hard thing on the back side of my tongue. I have a very long tongue so can feel the back of my tongue with my tongue! Not good for a health anxiety person.
I keep telling myself the doctor has seen it but anxiety is telling me to go back and get another opinion. I can't remember if she felt it with her hand, I think she did put a glove on and feel it as well as looking with a wooden stick thingy. I'm sure she used the word 'lesion', and said it's not a 'lesion' that causes concern. And to come back if it was any bigger. As I said earlier i am convinced it's bigger / harder, but I know my HA is good at making me think things are worse or more prominent than they are. It's definitely weird though, not soft and squishy like the rest of my tongue.
She would know wouldn't she? She's a good doctor and said it's nothing to worry about. But I'm convinced it's something worse especially since I had HPV. I don't have it anymore according to latest smear result (sorry), but it definitely helps convince me of oral C ideas.
Any advice?

LF87
18-12-17, 17:15
Anyone :(