PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to get this sickness bug???? so scared

anxiouscat
14-12-17, 23:21
So I went round my boyfriend's house tonight after he had finished work he didn't feel well (chills, feeling sick) and after about an hour he rushed to the toilet and threw up a few times. I went home but now I'm worried i'm going to get it...I saw him on Tuesday night as well...would he of been infectious then? I'm so scared right now :( I'm washed my hands about 4 times since getting home, he had the door shut when he was throwing up so will I be ok???

Rhiannon.
14-12-17, 23:34
I think of you would probably have been I'll around the same time as him if you were going to be ill.

I had the bug two weeks ago and spent 12 hours with stuff coming rapidly out both ends. It wasn't pretty!

My poor boyfriend spent the night following me around with a bucket and cleaning up after me. And he was fine, not even a slight stomach gurgle.

Considering how little time you spent around him and that you didn't handle his bodily fluids (how it spreads) then your chance of getting it is pretty low :)

anxiouscat
14-12-17, 23:54
that sound horrible :( My anxiety is just so high at the moment, I've been working about getting a sickness bug since September time and its always on my mind, i'm sitting here shaking and my mouth is dry...it doesn't help I feel sick when I get anxiety. I have work in the morning and its nearly 12am :/

katielovespizza
15-12-17, 08:25
Hi AnxiousCat! I don't know if you already saw my post (it was a few days back), but I am going through the EXACT same thing right now with my husband. It's been a week and four days and I haven't gotten it from him. I would recommend looking at this website for some information about norovirus (stomach bug): http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html It helped me a lot. He's most contagious while he is still sick (vomiting/diarrhea) and for about three days afterwards. Just make sure to wash your hands after using the bathroom (and him too!) and before eating. You can only get it by ingesting it.

If I can do it, you can! I'm down to talk through messaging if you want, and we can support each other. I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks. :(

---------- Post added at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 ----------

Also, if you're not living together you have a MUCH lower chance of catching it. I live with my husband and I've managed to avoid it so far and it's been a week and four days since he last got sick. If the door was closed while he was throwing up AND you washed your hands, I don't see there being much chance of you catching it. Also, my stomach hurts when I'm anxious as well, so that's probably what is making you feel sick, not necessarily that you've caught it from him! Btw, I also shared food with my husband before he got sick (like 30 minutes before he got sick), and I also didn't catch it then. Most likely he either a) has non-contagious food poisoning, or b) even with norovirus you're usually not contagious until the vomiting has started, so I doubt you got it from him Tuesday either. If you got it from him Tuesday you'd be sick by now.

anxiouscat
15-12-17, 10:22
Thanks for your kind words, i've been dreading this for ages and knew it was going to happen at some point this winter as he works in a coffee shop at the hospital. my stomach still feels yucky but I think thats because i haven't eaten (now eating some toast)

I'm annoyed at myself for taking time off work but I was just such a mess last night I didn't sleep and had to ring my support worker up this morning as I was still a mess :( she got me to calm down but sometimes I think its times like these I think I should be on anxiety meds :(

Rhiannon.
15-12-17, 17:47
Its the first time I've thrown up since 2011. It was a pretty grim night and I felt like crap after but it was only one night. I was super sick last year for two weekswith a chest infection and that was far worse.

Don't make yourself feel bad about taking time off. Anxiety is debilitating and sometimes you need to have time to yourself.

Anxiety meds aren't a bad idea. I was super scared about going on medication and avoided it for three years. It was an awful time that, worryingly I can't remember. I just have a massive black hole with sparce blocks of memory.
Going on medication was the best thing I ever did and I wish I'd done it sooner.

anxiouscat
16-12-17, 13:57
I'm feeling a lot less anxious today, the worry is still there though. I hate this constant battle with myself. I know i'm not going to get it but my brain is like 'what if' 'yes you will' 'only a matter of time'

i've been doing so well with my anxiety lately, then this happens and triggers it all off again :(

I spoke to him on the phone today and he's feeling a lot better, just got an upset stomach now. No one else is ill in his house (yet) Plus he still doesn't understand how he got it as he has to always wash his hands at work..could of been food poisoning maybe? I've never known to feel dizzy, weak, cold, numb fingers and feel like passing out before actually throwing up when i've had a bug? I don't know. I'm looking too much into things as always :wacko:

FamilyPicnic
17-12-17, 13:03
Hi, i'm also afraid (terrified!!) of the stomach bug so i know what you are going through. here's another website that's full of helpful info http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/Home
When I'm exposed to "it" I get very nervous and find it hard to differentiate between the nausea from nerves or the nausea from the real thing. A couple things help to sort it out. I'll take my temp - if it's normal then I assume it's nerves. The other is this - does the thought of food make me feel worse? If it's just nerves I can think about food without my nausea getting worse but if it's really something else the thought of food is horrifying.
I hope you are doing okay today. :)

anxiouscat
17-12-17, 20:03
Hi, i'm also afraid (terrified!!) of the stomach bug so i know what you are going through. here's another website that's full of helpful info http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/Home
When I'm exposed to "it" I get very nervous and find it hard to differentiate between the nausea from nerves or the nausea from the real thing. A couple things help to sort it out. I'll take my temp - if it's normal then I assume it's nerves. The other is this - does the thought of food make me feel worse? If it's just nerves I can think about food without my nausea getting worse but if it's really something else the thought of food is horrifying.
I hope you are doing okay today. :)

I'm still struggling a bit at the moment. I hate it..I hate this worrying and then I look up stuff that makes me worry more (like it can take a week for symptoms to show) I need to stop looking stuff up. Then my boyfriend keeps asking when he's going to see me and in my head i'm just thinking I don't want to see you for like 2 weeks. I feel like such a horrible person :(