PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, having a bad day

larry123
15-12-17, 11:01
Hi all
I've read through the forum a few times but decided to join today, as I'm feeling particularly low today.
Have been seeing a psychologist & she basically told me yesterday that it's difficult for her to help me as we can't work out what's causing my anxiety. And so now all I'm thinking about is what it could be.

Initially thought it was food, but am anxious in situations without food as well.

My anxiety shows itself as nausea, which came on suddenly whilst eating dinner last night and have felt nauseous all night and all morning.

With Christmas so soon, I feel like I don't know what to do.

Anyone else not really know what they feel anxious about?

venusbluejeans
15-12-17, 11:10
Hiya larry123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Flossie17
15-12-17, 11:31
Hi all
I've read through the forum a few times but decided to join today, as I'm feeling particularly low today.
Have been seeing a psychologist & she basically told me yesterday that it's difficult for her to help me as we can't work out what's causing my anxiety. And so now all I'm thinking about is what it could be.

Initially thought it was food, but am anxious in situations without food as well.

My anxiety shows itself as nausea, which came on suddenly whilst eating dinner last night and have felt nauseous all night and all morning.

With Christmas so soon, I feel like I don't know what to do.

Anyone else not really know what they feel anxious about?

Hi Larry

I often can't work out what I feel anxious about - it doesn't help when people's first question is "what are you anxious about?" as if you don't know that can make it worse!

I'm trying to make a note of all the times I feel anxious and include details of what I was doing/where I was/ who else was there in case there is any correlation... I don't know if anything like that would help you? I'm sure you've tried lots of things already though.

Take care.

swgrl09
15-12-17, 13:33
Hi and welcome!

Sometimes I am of the mindset that we don't always need to know why we are anxious to be able to make progress and work through it. We will uncover what is triggering us when we are ready. It may be worth looking into mindfulness if you haven't already. It includes noticing what's going on (could just be tuning into your physical body, your emotional state, or your thoughts depending on what's there), accepting it, and then turning your attention to the next thing/letting go. There are lots of resources all over the internet for it.

That's just something I have found helpful, as sometimes it is hard to know what is triggering us in the moment. Tracking can also be helpful, as can be doing a "chain analysis" so working backwards from when you noticed how you felt and listing what you were doing (very detailed and specific) moment by moment. It may be enlightening.