PDA

View Full Version : Any One Else Feel Really Lonley

Bigboyuk
15-12-17, 11:11
Hi Folks I thought I would ask this cause right now I feel Iam the only one feeling like this. It sucks, hurts and feels bad. So any one else going through this now or have been like this for a while TIA :) ATB

Buster70
15-12-17, 12:06
Hi there , I think this time of year can make people feel more alone because we just assume everyone else is having a great time but a lot arn't , Ive said it before it can feel just as lonely being with family , anxiety it very isolating, just keep getting out there and try talking to people , dog walkers always want a chat . Take care chap .:)

Bigboyuk
15-12-17, 12:43
Hi!!Yeah sure but I have felt like this for quite while sure I do meet other dog walkers but when we had a quick chat then I am on my own again, same with the peer support groups I go to while the meetings take place it's fine when the meeting is on but after its finshed Iam all alone, and yes many ppl will be on their own a Xmas but many wont either many will have great time too with family and friends tbh I will be glad when Xmas is over it ffing stinks :weep: ATB

swgrl09
15-12-17, 13:21
I can understand that. The holidays can be a really tough time. You see commercials, holiday movies, friends/family posting pictures online of get-togethers, and it can make you feel worse if you don't have all of that going on. Sometimes it helps to take a break from all of it ... turning the TV/computer off and just doing something enjoyable for you.

The other day I had the TV off and was off the computer for a while working on a hobby of mine. Yeah, I was still by myself, but it at least gave me a break from comparing to myself to others.

Magic
15-12-17, 13:50
Yes I can relate to being lonely. I am married too.
I just wish I could have a friend to talk to face to face.

I will not be lonely at Christmas though.
It's just on a daily basis.:shrug:

Bigboyuk
15-12-17, 14:21
Yes I can relate to being lonely. I am married too.
I just wish I could have a friend to talk to face to face.

I will not be lonely at Christmas though.
It's just on a daily basis.:shrug: Well we both live in the same area I would have a coffee and chat with you anytime, Yes it is on a daily basis that I have found too ahh glad I am not alone on this, doesn't make it any easier though. Roll on New Year:yesyes: ATB

mezzaninedoor
15-12-17, 14:45
Ive felt a bit more lonely recently , however that was with being off work unwell for a protracted period,
Im going to miss my wife for a week as ive just dropped her off at Heathrow as she is going out to visit my son a week earlier than me in USA

Bigboyuk
16-12-17, 12:09
Watched our local news last night, over 9 million in Britain are lonely and Mp Jo Cox (before she died) was actively seeking to do something about it. It can eat away at your self esteem/confidence it's just horrible. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ATB

mezzaninedoor
17-12-17, 09:26
wasn't Jo Cox looking at getting folks in a local area to buddy up and visit lonely folks, on the premise that lonely people dont go out either, she was a great MP, such a shame

Bigboyuk
17-12-17, 10:57
Yes that was the plan sadly it never happened! Think she would have made a great difference in many ppl's lives :) ATB

SarahCap
17-12-17, 18:57
Hey I do when my anxiety and depression kicks in. I don't want to talk to those around me and I feel lonely, hence coming on here.
During the week I work from home and it is VERY lonely :( I end up going for naps during the day just to pass the time, then lay awake at night worrying or dwelling. Not always but more often than not.

My anxiety and depression has been pretty good for a month or so but I can feel it creeping in. I too go out with the dogs during the week and I am actually looking out for people to walk towards to generate some conversation. Sad.
Do you work? I am far more isolated and lethargic since working from home.

Sarah

Bigboyuk
17-12-17, 19:03
Yes only 2 days a week at the mo get tired very quickly too so cant take more hrs on yet sadly it sucks big time. ATB

KK77
17-12-17, 21:38
Watched our local news last night, over 9 million in Britain are lonely and Mp Jo Cox (before she died) was actively seeking to do something about it. It can eat away at your self esteem/confidence it's just horrible. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ATB

Jo Cox was one of the very few MPs who was as decent as Westminster would allow. Utter tragedy she died before her time in such a despicable manner.

Excellent you and Magic live close to each other - I'd join you for a frothy one if I lived closer :wacko:

Bigboyuk
18-12-17, 11:46
Jo Cox was one of the very few MPs who was as decent as Westminster would allow. Utter tragedy she died before her time in such a despicable manner.

Excellent you and Magic live close to each other - I'd join you for a frothy one if I lived closer :wacko: That's so true KK And she would have made a huge difference to lonely people that's a fact :) Thx for your comments Comrade KK ;) ATB