PDA

View Full Version : Very bad drummers

panicface
15-12-17, 15:51
Used to single palps, for years. Now getting strings of them, as if the drummer inside my chest is terribly bad at his job.

They can last 5 - 20 seconds, long enough to scare the crap (literally) out of me (almost). however even at the 20 second mark I never feel dizzy. No chest pains or anything else.

Typically these strings happen after an uncomfortable moment - something awkward just happened, tired and in the middle of a crowd. However, sometimes they happen when I'm totally at rest.

They almost never happen when doing cardio or working out.

Advice?

ZigZag
15-12-17, 17:13
Hi panicface, it really sounds like anxiety triggered palpitations. I have had palpitations since I was in my early teens and now I am nearly 50. Mine have definitely got worse as I've got older. Acute anxiety also makes them worse. If I find myself in a very stressful situation my heart goes crazy.

My cardiologist says that it is common for people to develop benign electrical issues as they age so I don't know how old you are but this could be an issue. Also anxiety of course.

It is unlikely that there is anything to worry about. I have had many episodes where I've had a very high, irregular pulse (sometimes over 200 bpm), feeling faint, bad chest pains, sweating, extreme nausea, yet nothing has been found wrong with my heart. They are a lot stronger than we think.

It always makes sense to visit your doctor to check things out if you have concerns with your heart and they can check it out for you and put your mind at rest.

Fishmanpa
15-12-17, 22:11
Very bad drummers

Being a musician, I've dealt with more then my fair share of bad drummers! One guy bailed on the first gig and another was so drunk he fell off his stool, knocked over a cymbal which then fell on my guitar! That wasn't a pretty scene :lac:

Ohhh... you're talking about palps ;) That drummer in my chest has been a PITA as well!... I'm not a sufferer but I do have heart disease (two heart attacks, bypass and stents). I get them occasionally. Everyone does actually, some more than others and it seems with anxiety sufferers it comes with the territory. If your doc isn't concerned, nor should you be.

Positive thoughts

helpme47
22-12-17, 00:28
Very bad drummers

Being a musician, I've dealt with more then my fair share of bad drummers! One guy bailed on the first gig and another was so drunk he fell off his stool, knocked over a cymbal which then fell on my guitar! That wasn't a pretty scene :lac:

Ohhh... you're talking about palps ;) That drummer in my chest has been a PITA as well!... I'm not a sufferer but I do have heart disease (two heart attacks, bypass and stents). I get them occasionally. Everyone does actually, some more than others and it seems with anxiety sufferers it comes with the territory. If your doc isn't concerned, nor should you be.

Positive thoughts

Thank you for your positive outlook. I suffer ectopics however in relative terms seeing someone who has been through so much worse and still being positive puts things in perspective. I am still waiting for answers (in a few weeks hopefully) but in the event even if something is wrong or hopefully they are "benign" physically speaking either way I will have to learn to move on from this.