PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to get rid of anxiety??

Emilychazza98
15-12-17, 16:14
I've been on here a while Now, previously was on anxiety zone. I've suffered with health anxiety for about 3 years with onky 1 actual probkem being diagnosed (hashimotis thyroiditis).

I've started therapy for the second time and it is only 8 weeks and the guy said it is going to take a lot of hard work from me.

I've already failed the task he set me (not to Google for a week) but if I didn't have random tingling all the time thay comes from nowhere then I wouldn't be as worried. (Now worried about MS)

Has anyone got any tips or advice on how to help health anxiety ??

Fishmanpa
15-12-17, 16:24
You're doing the right thing with therapy. If you're not on meds, it would be something to seriously consider.

Also, for the umpteenth time , there are FREE CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) resources, you can work on in conjunction with your therapy.

Positive thoughts

Emilychazza98
15-12-17, 16:34
I asked about medication but he said with health anxiety it isn't recommended, only until after therapy and if I haven't improves then I could try it.

I will print all of the modules off and read through them.

Should I go to the doctors for this strange tingling?

I mentioned it before but she said it was most likely anxiety. I feel like she said this because it was a discussion about my anxiety

Beckybecks
15-12-17, 18:28
It is most likely anxiety and the more you focus on it the worse it becomes.
Distraction and exercise are both helpful.
I've found CBT more helpful than medication.