PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

kbell1
15-12-17, 22:13
Hi,

I am a 59 year old female with 3 adult children and a husband. I live in Winnipeg Canada BRR.
I have had panic attacks from the time I was in grade 2. I did not know what was wrong with me back then and being 1 of 4 kids no one noticed.
In my first year of University I took psychology and got a brief introduction as to what was wrong with me. It actually eased the attacks somewhat.
I used alcohol (beer back then)to cope with symptoms and was functional as I did well in University.
I gave up alcohol 2001 (thank you AA) but I still suffer from anxiety and depression. The severe panic attacks are gone. I am on Effexor XR 225 mg and have been on this for 15 years. I have relapsed 3x and had to take time off of work for episodes of Clinical Depression. My third relapse was recent due to a Sociopathic supervisor. (Just an opinion)
I became interested in this forum because I am looking at going up on my Effexor XR which has been a good drug for me. Really on the fence about it and when I read a few forums most have been on a low dose. Just looking for opinions knowing full well I can get advise from my psychiatrist. He told me it was up to me if I wanted to increase my dosage.
Now that I am on leave I am not in a state of Anxiety all of the time which is good. The depression and tiredness and feeling sad is there however.
Well there you have it. Thank you for welcoming me to your forum. Kathy

venusbluejeans
15-12-17, 22:20
Hiya kbell1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

HalfJack
27-12-17, 04:05
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I don't know anything about medication but I'd imagine you'd find what you need on the forum.
Good luck :)