PDA

View Full Version : Back again after many years!

Jamie1990
16-12-17, 09:12
Hello all! I’ll try to keep a very long story short...

During my teens I suffered with extremely bad anxiety in particular social anxiety and with depression. At one point I didn’t leave my house in almost a year because of it. I was totally alone and didn’t really understand what I was suffering with tbh. Things happened, time went on and I started slowly getting better as in being able to leave the house and just about manage to get a job and live a life. The anxiety was always there... but was less frequent. Although the anxiety was debilitating at times, I never really experienced panic attacks.

For a good few years life was great, I moved to another part of the country, found a good job, was studying at uni and even moved in with a partner. Since then things have changed but I was still happy and enjoying life

I’m now 27 and the anxiety has raised its ugly head once again. I get it mostly in social situations particularly in college. It’s usually at times we all experience a little anxiety such as class presentations etc... but my anxiety is 10x normal!

So I’m the past month I’ve sought for the first time professional help. This is due to me experiencing panic attacks for the first time which have completely terrified the life out of me. I’ve been out on 10mg of Citalopram and 40mg of propranolol 3 times a day and just over 2 weeks into both medications, I feel crap! I feel like my life is going backwards.... I’ve read that this medication takes a while to work but I’m so frustrated as all I want to do is get on with my life. I don’t want to fall behind with my studies but all I want to do right now is sleep... and the meds are making me even more anxious....

My life just feels like it’s going backwards instead of forwards and I’m just a little lost and lonely which is why I’ve come back here. It really can’t be understood by people unless they have or are going through it too.

venusbluejeans
16-12-17, 09:19
Hiya Jamie1990 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
16-12-17, 11:49
Hi Jamie1990 and welcome back to NMP ( I presume you were a member on here in the past?! Depression I can relate too and I do get a bit anxious at times too, as it does get very lonely as well. So hope fully you will be on the mend soon and back to 'normal' what ever that is :) Feel free to send me a pm if you want to chat about it! ATB

venusbluejeans
16-12-17, 12:10
Hiya Jamie, I have sent you a PM