PDA

View Full Version : Hello from France

Runwildash
16-12-17, 15:24
Hello, I just joined... My name is Emmanuelle, I'm 41 and I'm French. I have a 15 year old daughter.
I have chronic depression, and my struggles with anxiety and panic started about twenty years ago. I've been in therapy since but as much as it helped with my depression, it hasn't done much for anxiety.

Through those twenty years there have times that I was completely fine and panic free, and times when I was so sick I had to be put on strong meds and stay in bed.

The thing that panics me the most is travelling, and being away from my home, in general. I don't fear flying per se, or taking the train - just being far from home.

I hope I can find help and support here, and be able to help and support others too.
Thanks for reading!

EmmerLooeez
16-12-17, 15:31
Hey Emmanuelle! Welcome to NMP :) There are a few lovely French members that are usually around, so you may well be able to find someone closer to home to relate to :)

We are all here to help too, of course. I hope that you find this site useful! It has been a lifeline for me lately. Welcome xxx

venusbluejeans
16-12-17, 15:31
Hiya Runwildash and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bry
16-12-17, 15:41
hi Emmanuelle, welcome! I’m 36 years old and live in Paris (I’m French but I prefer to speak English in the forum to allow everyone to understand).
I’m like you, there is long quiet and happy times and harder ones! That website helped me so much, talking with people who understand is really important! I hope you will find comfort as well :)
Don’t hesitate to send me private message if you want to speak in French!
Take care xxx

HalfJack
27-12-17, 03:47
Nice to meet you! I hope you find what you need here :)