PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

hannah55
16-12-17, 17:09
Hi, I'm Hannah from the UK. I have anxiety - both general and social. I have had counselling and CBT. Even though these have helped a bit and allowed me to have a clearer understanding of anxiety, I still feel I haven't progressed that much.

My anxiety makes me fear change. So the thought of stepping out of my comfort zone scares me. Things such as getting new friends, or a boyfriend, or travelling etc makes my anxiety get bad. I just feel that my anxiety stops me from doing things that everyone else can do. I also feel that I am at a hitting a brick wall stage. It feels like that no matter how hard I work to overcome my fears, try new things or try to make/improve friendships, I get no where. Sometimes it feels as though the anxiety is winning and I hate that feeling.

I was hoping to go for a two week holiday in 2018 where I meet a small group of people and we do the trip together. So I would fly out on my own but travel 2 weeks with the group. However, I feel like I can't take the plunge to do it because my anxiety can cause me to feel panicky and on edge. It's so frustrating because I can think of so many logical reasons to not panic and all the positives of the trip but the anxiety still holds me back.

venusbluejeans
16-12-17, 17:15
Hiya hannah55 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Hollysjp
19-12-17, 12:04
I have the opposite issue. I sort of crave fresh starts you know? Kinda feel like moving and starting again. I am sorry that you have this anxiety. What started your fear of change?

hannah55
19-12-17, 23:44
Hello :) I have no idea where this fear of change comes from. I want to change and improve my life but just feel that the anxiety holds me back. Its so frustrating.