PDA

View Full Version : Breast changes

cattia
16-12-17, 18:19
I'm getting that horrible sense of Impending doom again. I've had a rash that's come up a couple of times on my breast. It's gone down with piriton but last night I noticed a spot right on my areola next to the nipple. I squeezed it and white pus came out. Googled and of course the internet says spots on the breast are often a sign of breast cancer. It feels sore today.I'm going to try to get to the out of hours doctor tomorrow but I'm really struggling not to panic.

Fishmanpa
16-12-17, 18:37
I squeezed it and white pus came out.

Isn't that what a pimple does? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

cattia
16-12-17, 20:39
That's what my rational mind says Fishman. Google says inflammatory breast cancer. I know which one I'm hoping is right!

jojo2316
16-12-17, 22:53
Inflammatory breast cAncer causes spots?!? That's a new one on me - I'm off to consult dr Google!!

Fishmanpa
16-12-17, 23:44
That's what my rational mind says Fishman. Google says inflammatory breast cancer. I know which one I'm hoping is right!

Did you notice that you said "Google says". Do you also realize that you're accepting a computer browser's suggestions over your own rational mind?

The fact is that everyone has had a zit and everyone has squeezed it and pus came out of all of them. Some even upload those wonderful videos to Youtube and it's a somewhat strange, weird yet intoxicating thing to watch (yes, I've seen some doozies).

Maybe keep your phone handy next time. A pimple pop next to a nipple on Youtube could become a viral hit! :whistles:

Positive thoughts and popping pimples

cattia
17-12-17, 10:29
Yeah I've seen those pimple popping videos, strangely satisfying! I was hoping to get an out of hours appointment today but even though I called the second they were open I was on hold for over ten minutes then when I got through all the appointments were gone. Means it will probably be Wednesday before I can get seen now and it feels irritated today so I'm more worried n

jojo2316
17-12-17, 19:43
Please try not to worry. I think inflammatory breast cancer is really quite dramatic. Sudden all over swelling, redness and pain etc.