PDA

View Full Version : Something sinister causing my weight loss?

Emily101115
17-12-17, 12:03
Hi all back again worrying myself stupid! Around this time last year I started loosing weight after making small changes to my diet and also my daughter with complex needs was in hospital with cellulitis around her eye.
January this year I joined the gym and been attending a mixture of group classes. When I am shopping I tend to always buy things that are highlighted green and amber NEVER red ( it’s a bit of an obsession now) I also have been counting calories and staying at 1650 someone’s not even eating that especially with doing excersise (sometimes two group classes). My symptoms have been:
On and off dizziness
Daily stomach pains
Headaches
Mucus with stool
Blood and mucus with stool( I think as I have to use my phone light to check, also eat lots of vegetables and salads)
Urgency to go to the toilet but very little coming out, I always have little balls of poo
Sometimes pencil think stools( not often)
Feeling nauseous after eating
No change to my appitite, often never feeling full.

What is worrying my is the weight, this time last year I was 12st-7lb and not this morning if my bathroom scales are accurate I am 9st-8. I haven’t been to the gym in the last 2 months but still trying to maintain a health diet, have been having naughty bits here and there. Lunch time I tend to not go over 400 cals and My breakfast calories are low too. The weight is still coming off me and I really starting to worry now.

I’ve got health anxiety, I have had cbt before. This time last year I was convinced I had melanoma which turned out to totally fine! I can ok for weeks and than I find myself so fixated on something and than I end up having all the symptoms. I lost my Mum when I was 13 to breast cancer and this year I have lost my dad to a heroin overdose which was so sudden, we hadn’t been speaking for years and than we made up with each other end of March and he died on 26th May 2017, I had only spoken in the phone to him and not had chance to see him. All the years we didn’t speak was my choice I am not living with the fact that I left him lonely which led him to drink and take drugs.

I am terrified of leaving my three children aged 7, 6 and 2 my 6 year old has a very rare gentic disorder meaning she is only the second person in the world with it so there is not much research on it, u go through daily stress and worry with her and if course other family things.
I do feel I am depressed as I also get no support with my children. My partners parents don’t even bother to see them. So they only have me and my partner really.

If I had something wrong with me would the weight be gradual? A lady from my daughters school commented “ you have lost more weight” the other day! I am always between two School ( daughter being at soeacil needs School ) I don’t always see people like I used to. I went to the hairdressers and she said you have lost so much weight! Than my daughters nurse who comes out when she was last round she said your still loosing weight I see. So all of this has triggerd me into panic mode, I am googling, feeling for lumps everywhere. Wanting to stay in my room being on my own.
Can anybody please help me? I’m feeling I don’t want to be here anymore but also terrified of leaving my children.

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Anybody ��

Fishmanpa
17-12-17, 14:32
Anxiety IS sinister. Just look at the posts here. It's one thing to be sick and feel bad physically, it's a whole 'nother ball game when it's you mind doing it to you!

I suggest you stop counting calories and just enjoy your food.

Positive thoughts

studenthazard
17-12-17, 17:21
Honestly, you're bound to lose weight if you only have a caloric intake of 1650 a day let alone combined with all the excercise you've started. The recommended daily intake is 2000 a day for a woman for a reason, especialy if you're working out!

the bowel troubles sound more serious, but could definitely be because of anxiety and stress. I would say you should visit you're gp, or a dietician to work out wether or not what you're eating is enough with your work-out routine

Emily101115
18-12-17, 07:13
Thank you both for replying to me! I guess I’m getting myself worked up as when I’m having a takeout or some chocolate or crisps and I’m not gaining the weight back it has me questioning myself, Especially since not going to the gym the last two month.

Also during the night I woke up feeling hot a starting to sweat, I did have my two year old in bed with me aswell as my partner, not sure if this could be related to anxiety? I don’t even want to mention the other thing that is in the back of mind

Annaboodle
18-12-17, 08:24
Thank you both for replying to me! I guess I’m getting myself worked up as when I’m having a takeout or some chocolate or crisps and I’m not gaining the weight back it has me questioning myself, Especially since not going to the gym the last two month.

Also during the night I woke up feeling hot a starting to sweat, I did have my two year old in bed with me aswell as my partner, not sure if this could be related to anxiety? I don’t even want to mention the other thing that is in the back of mind

Hi. If you had your partner and toddler in bed then that'll be it - especially if your heating was on or your duvet is a winter one. Feeling a bit hot or sweating a little is not the same thing at all as the night sweats your HA is leading you to think about.

I lost the most weight I ever have in my life when I went through a really anxious time with my divorce and was eating a load of crap - chocolate, crisps, endless milky coffees etc... - but if you added it up it just wasn't enough calories. I lost a few stone. I was living on coffee, sugar and nerves and no part of my diet was remotely as healthy as the majority of yours but I still lost weight. Anxiety burns a load of calories even on it's own. You can see that in so many threads on here about "unexplained weight loss". Eating junk food sometimes will not put weight on if you're eating the way you are the rest of the time. Your diet generally is too low in calories from what you've written to maintain weight. You're basically on a permanent diet in terms of calories and by the sounds of it fat and sugar, etc... if you're buying food with the labels you talk about in your original post.

What another poster said about checking this out with your GP or a dietician is probably a good idea to find out your calorific needs. A better idea would be to stop calorie counting all together as you sound a bit obsessed with calories and diet and it's obviously having a bad effect on your HA. That's easier said than done I know.

Emily101115
01-01-18, 17:02
Can anybody tell me how obvious blood in stool is, I have gotten myself into this awful habbit when I open my bowels I shine the light from my phone to check it and when I do this it looks like there is blood but with light I can’t see it?

Emily101115
01-01-18, 21:10
Anybody?