PDA

View Full Version : Yet another thread about dementia..

HeavyCrazy
18-12-17, 00:38
Hey, I'm a 20 y/o guy who has HA, The things I've thought about having is ALS which have subsided and Dementia which have come back with a revenge.
I am actually turning crazy soon. Every morning i say to myself my dads name, my moms name, my little sisters name, my little brothers name, just to reassure myself i haven't forgotten the names of my family.. I mumble with words alot like saying Diesel instead of Gas, Fork instead of a Knife, placing things where they shouldnt be and be like hey this shouldnt be here, writing poorly as you can see.. and just now while i was in the shower i ****ing put the soap on my head without even washing my hair first.......

I have read alot of the other threads on this site about dementia but i just cant seem to let the fear go away

Well anyways if i have it i have it. We all die someday either way.

Positive thoughts people they help, sometimes..

Fishmanpa
18-12-17, 01:00
I've come to realize that anxiety, especially when one is in the midst of a spiral, is a very inward looking illness. The sufferer is so caught up with what's inside their heads that they begin to lose touch with the real world. That's not dementia. My Mom had it before she passed. I know. It's also not some harbinger of anything worse. It's seems to me to be a form of DP/DR IMO. Treating your anxiety will help with symptoms you're experiencing. There are some great FREE resources (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) here. Take advantage of them :)

Positive thoughts

HeavyCrazy
20-12-17, 16:48
Yeah this gotta be early onset dementia, it feels like im always forgetting something all the time.. My house seems unfamiliar even though i can remember every single room in the house and where it is. and i just cant take this anymore soon.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Now i just turned the light on when the light is already on... Im freaking out here...