PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed--and need to vent!

AntsyVee
19-12-17, 01:18
So I'm really frustrated right now, and I need to vent to someone. It think my poor husband is tired of hearing me b1tch about this, so I'm going to annoy you good people of NMP :)

So on my way to work, there is this piece of land owned by the city that's on top of a drainage channel. There has been this plastic bag filled clothes and odds and ends that look like it was dumped by homeless people there for over a month. The problem with this trash is that it looks like a dead body. It literally looks like someone tried to hop the fence into the drainage channel, tripped, and broke their neck. (It helps that a red shirt sticks out from the middle part of it.)

The first time I saw it I immediately pulled over, ready to call 911. Then I realized it was trash. Every time I go to work that route, and I see it, I have to remember that it's trash. It triggers me (and yes, I know that triggers are my issues, I'm trying to deal with it), and I start getting flashbacks (I have PTSD).

So after a couple of weeks, I called the city to have it removed. They took a report. No removal.

Then I tried to climb get into the area (by hopping the fence) to remove the trash myself, but I'm not as limber as I used to be. Then I shoved a stick through the fence to try to pull it apart to no avail. I think I actually made it worse.

So then I wrote the damn city. I got a letter in the mail today that they will get to it in the next 8-10 weeks.

Ugh. :mad: