PDA

View Full Version : Overcame DP/DR and now i suspectad what i have POCD, Help!

Tulio Cross
19-12-17, 07:12
Hi everyone, i new here. I have 27 and i am a gay guy xD.

There 2 last years, i experienced DP/DR with much suffer and anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). With medication and treatment i overcame this. i stopped medication ( with medic orientation) and continued my life. One Year later, in this last week i passed by strong strees events in the college, and a conversation about controversies involving pedophilie with a friend trigged a think "if i were"?. Because i was talking about the new film "Call by my Name" and speaked "yeah a boy with a teacher etc" and my friend corrected me "A BOY?" but i meant in the sense the ADULT boy. After, at house, i slept and i woke up with doubts about my sexuality and bad images involving kids began emerge in my head.

Six days after i immediately sought help from my psychiatrist and restarted with a new medication (Paroxetin). Seven days ago i'm being disturbed with doubts, if iam or not a pedophile. I searched and found it cases of POCD. But I'm extremely spoiled, this problem has solution like DP/DR or hard for life?

Do I have a POCD or is a more symptom GAD? My medic no was clear with me too( i think OC is comorbiting in my case?) i should meet a psychologist soon, I'm extremely confused ...

(sorry for the bad english) :weep: