PDA

View Full Version : Flu and severe pain in feet and legs

cattia
20-12-17, 11:15
I've had a fever for two days now with a runny nose. The weird thing is that I also have severe pain in my legs and particularly my feet. They ache so badly. I've had it a bit in my hands too but my feet are worse.
I'm so worried that this isn't going to go away and it's the start of fibromyalgia or some other inflammatory autoimmune disease. I feel so exhausted I can't even move off the sofa and the pain is really bothering me.

jojo2316
20-12-17, 20:25
Poor you! My son has flu too. Aching limbs is one of the main symptoms they list on most flu websites and it has certainly true for my son too. He is usually the most energetic person I know and this week he has just lain on the kitchen floor with his eyes closed. Rest. Drink lots. Hopefully you will feel better by Christmas

countrygirl
20-12-17, 20:35
I have some sort of fluey bug as well at moment, mine had killer cough and runny nose and i have temp of 100d farenheit for past 2 days. I keep getting severe sharp pains in different parts of my body, legs, arms etc . Paracetamol really helps flue pains so if your are not maybe start taking some.
Having a temp is awful, shivery and hurting. Hope it passes quickly for both of us.

Careful1
20-12-17, 20:37
Unfortunately, the flu is going around and the symptoms you describe are classic symptoms of the flu... The Drs can't do nothing for you as it's a virus and needs to run it's course.
If your allowed, take some Tylenol or Motrin for the fever and body aches. Get plenty of rest and try to stay hydrated... Orange juice is good for your immune system :)... My house was hit by the flu 2 weeks ago. My 3 year old was the first one and then it was the domino effect. My 15 year old daughter texted me 2 days after my little one took ill. She said I woke up with a really bad headache but all of a sudden while at lunch my whole body started to hurt and I can't stop shaking. Please come to school something is wrong with me and I'm afraid. I knew right away she had it... Both her and my 3 year old were sick for a tad over a week. The rest of us were okay after about 72 hours...

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

cattia
20-12-17, 22:30
Thanks everyone. I took ibuprofen earlier and it eased up for a while but now the pain is back, particularly in my feet and ankles although the fever is gone now. I'm really hoping that this subsidises over the next day or so.