PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Blacking Out - caffeine?

in-love-but-im-lazy
20-12-17, 13:47
Hi all- I'm having a bit of a weird sensation at the moment. I feel like I'm going to black out. I don't really feel dizzy, I just have the general feeling that I'm going to lose consciousness. When I had my wisdom teeth out earlier this year, I was put under by nitrous oxide that made me feel drowsy and out of control of my body. That's how I feel now. I just recently started drinking caffeinated tea in the mornings, could that be causing it?

Fishmanpa
20-12-17, 14:23
I just recently started drinking caffeinated tea in the mornings, could that be causing it?

Go without for a few days and see ;)

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
20-12-17, 14:36
Hello. If you're not used to consuming caffeine then yes, that could make you feel really weird. Tea has more caffeine than some people think. With me it seems to depend on how bad my anxiety is at the time - if it's not too bad I can cope with a small amount of caffeine. If it's bad then it makes me feel like I'm going to faint and even makes my vision seem "funny". I know that if I have something I'm nervous about to do that I avoid caffeine for just the reasons you describe.