PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have HIV!

JustBenn
20-12-17, 14:17
Hi.

Back in around May or June time I went to my barbers to get my beard shaped up and I told the guy that I have small patches of bald spots where hair doesn't grow. Out of nowhere he stars prodding my chin with this pin type tool in the areas beard didn't grow. Obviously I was bleeding. I already knew it was a type of method to kick start hair growth.

Anyways I remember having a cold a few days later and after that i read online there are no more symptoms for hiv for several years.

What are the chances that the pin he used to poke a few holes in me was not washed or the last person he poked before me had aids.

It's not something most people do at the barbers. I may have been the first in a long time for him to use this tool.

Just worried that is all. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Many thanks

ShaunRyder
20-12-17, 14:26
It would be very slim chances to catch it this way. Also I belive the hiv virus does not survive outside the body for long so even if that tiny chance the person who used it before you did have hiv I am sure the virus would not have lasted long.

Annaboodle
20-12-17, 14:27
Hi there. HIV can survive at the longest a few minutes, but an average of about 30 seconds when exposed to air. The virus can not live in a dried state. So keeping that in mind can you see that there's just no way from what you've described?

Fishmanpa
20-12-17, 14:28
What are the chances that the pin he used to poke a few holes in me was not washed or the last person he poked before me had aids.

IMO? 0%

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
20-12-17, 14:29
... well ok, unless your barber was an insane "pin stabber" who ran across the room from one client to the next, having just a moment before stabbed someone else with the pin tool!

JustBenn
20-12-17, 15:16
What if the person did have it and the virus was infact still alive? I could be that 1%

Fishmanpa
20-12-17, 15:30
What if the person did have it and the virus was infact still alive? I could be that 1%

C'mon... I know you're spiraling here but this just is impossible. Why would they use a tool that hasn't been sterilized? It just doesn't make sense! But that anxiety right?

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

JustBenn
20-12-17, 15:35
C'mon... I know you're spiraling here but this just is impossible. Why would they use a tool that hasn't been sterilized? It just doesn't make sense! But that anxiety right?

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Because I'm a regular. They be thinking he won't mind, I'll be lazy just this one time so I won't bother sterilizing it.

Btw does the poking pin actually have a name? Is it supposed to be used. Still no clue what it was.

ShaunRyder
20-12-17, 15:58
Because I'm a regular. They be thinking he won't mind, I'll be lazy just this one time so I won't bother sterilizing it.

Btw does the poking pin actually have a name? Is it supposed to be used. Still no clue what it was.

It's your HA making you think this way, you will not of got HIV.

I have never heard of this method before but I will asking the barber to try it next time to sort my patches out :whistles:

paranoid-viking
20-12-17, 16:40
Hi.

Back in around May or June time I went to my barbers to get my beard shaped up and I told the guy that I have small patches of bald spots where hair doesn't grow. Out of nowhere he stars prodding my chin with this pin type tool in the areas beard didn't grow. Obviously I was bleeding. I already knew it was a type of method to kick start hair growth.

Anyways I remember having a cold a few days later and after that i read online there are no more symptoms for hiv for several years.

It's not something most people do at the barbers. I may have been the first in a long time for him to use this tool.

Just worried that is all. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Many thanks

Let me ask you this question in all honesty: WHY are you afraid of contacting HIV and what misreading on facts about HIV makes you think that you can contract HIV this way? We live in 2017 and it should be obvious to most people what HIV is and HOW to contact it and HOW NOT to contact it. But obviously not. Some people are as clueless as in 1985 on these matters.

You problem is anxiety, not HIV.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

It would be very slim chances to catch it this way. A

It is not SLIM chances. It is ZERO chances.

HIV is contacted 2 ways:

1)unprotected sex when there is blood and open wounds in the transmition areas

2)surgical blood tranfusion; when large amount of fresh blood from a HIV patient is transferred SURGICALLY into another persons body. But such blood tranfusions has not happened in 1980s since all blood donors are tested these days.

Most people stopped believe in HIV from door knobs, toilet seats and hair dressers around 1990 if not before; but for some these old superstitions prevails even thoug it contradicts what science says.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

No you could not. Besides there is not 1% chance of getting HIV that way, it would be 0%. You would be a medical sensation if that happened and on the front page of all worlds newspapers. Medical scientists from all around the world would line up in front of your home.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

You have anxiety for HIV and you are obviously not proparly educated about that virus. Thats the bottom line of it. No "yes but"....NO! Period!

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

It's your HA making you think this way, you will not of got HIV.

I have never heard of this method before but I will asking the barber to try it next time to sort my patches out :whistles:

NMP is full of the rarest cases of people believing they will be THE ONE to get HIV or rabies in ways that no one else has in the entire history of mankind.