PDA

View Full Version : Veins popping on forehead and aneurysms...uggh

lofwyr
20-12-17, 14:58
Since diagnosis with an aortic aneurysm, oddly, I don't worry about it at all. But it has raised my awareness of the rest of my body somewhat.

I have had these veins pop on my left temple, pop in a big way. I went to the ER for them at my GP's urging, as he was worried about temporal arteritis which can cause blindness if not treated quickly. It was not TA, as they were veins, not arteries, but definitely swollen.

They didn't seem worried about this know of visible veins where there had been none before, but they were not there in the evening, and very prominent the next day, just on the left side, which also matches the side of my pulsatile tinnitus.

Eventually they more or less subsided, going back to a slightly raised level, was doing good ignorring them. Then last night, again, out of the blue they were huge.

Anyone have veins like this on their temple or forehead that pop inexplicably? Maybe stay or leave?

Careful1
20-12-17, 21:49
I don't have any popping up on my forehead but oddly enough over the last few months I have prominent veins showing up all over my body. Very strange as they weren't there before. I have never been able to see most veins through my skin and it's been freaking me out. At the same time both of my palms turned red and blotchy, all but the middle... I went and saw my dermatologist about these things and some other things that had popped up on my skin all around the same time. He advised me to make an appt with my GP because to hey my liver checked. I did and had many tests but they say my liver checked out okay...
It's freaky to see these sort of changes and has me worrying like crazy.
Sorry I don't have any answers for you but I hope they figure it out for you....