PDA

View Full Version : I am SO embarrassed

Mav
20-12-17, 19:41
A couple of things happened today that I can't stop feeling embarrassed about. I was on the phone to a friend and talking about a family member and they showed up at my house and I'm afraid they heard.

Secondly, the same family came over a bit later and I looked like a tramp and I'm extremely embarassed over how I interacted with them, I ended up sending an apology text about how awkward I was (that made the situation worse).

UGH I'm seeing them again on sunday and I'm just so cringed out, I cannot get the whole thing off my mind.

nikkinik
20-12-17, 22:11
Why would they have heard.. Were the windows open, did they let themselves in?
Ppl usually say something when they have, even if it's just to break the awkwardness themselves.. I'd say something like "are my ears burning?".. Doubt they did hear at all :)

I doubt your text was awkward either, If someone text me to say sorry I would just accept it and think that next time I should just drop a quick text before just turning up, it wouldn't bother me in a bad way at all, I'd probably apologise back, say theirs wasn't needed and sorry for turning up unannounced perhaps.

I'm pretty sure they aren't bothered and haven't noticed anything, if they have I'm sure they will have forgotten by Sunday :)

Darksky
20-12-17, 23:13
You are over thinking this. It's just your anxiety taking hold of your thoughts. I would like to bet your family member is not even giving today a second thought. They didn't hear or else they would have said something when they popped round after. As for looking a tramp, so what, we've all done that. Just say you were feeling rough when they called. But unless your visitor was Johnny Depp, I wouldn't worry about you looked like.

John_
28-12-17, 04:12
You are over analysing the situation, by sending that apology text or scrutinizing yourself, you are expanding what is just a small thought. Your anxiety is expanding and questioning every action that you do but the family member is completely oblivious towards what you are doing, I would recommend even if you know that you are having social anxiety towards them that you relax near them if you want to keep the current relationship stable between them.