PDA

View Full Version : Intoduction

hinged
20-12-17, 20:58
I've suffered anxiety and panic attacks since secondary school (40-45 years ago.)

Like most sufferers I was unaware what was happening to me.

I picked up a book in a public library and read about "fight or flight." This was my first step in understanding the problem.

I still suffer from panic attacks. I have periods when they seem to have gone, but always return.

I cannot identify a trigger. They occur at no specific time, but are more common in shops.

I've had CBT which was very helpful. I've tried muscle relaxation, mindfulness, relaxation tapes, diazepam, stretching exercises, hill walking, and reading numerous books on the subject.

Nothing has cleared it.

I'm caught between trying to manage it daily, or just forgetting about it and dealing with it when it happens.

Most annoying, and I hope I can find something on here, that will give me ideas that will offer me more relief from this condition.

venusbluejeans
20-12-17, 21:04
Hiya hinged and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

hinged
20-12-17, 21:14
Thanks venus, I'll give this forum a try. No harm in trying. Hopefully I'll find something to help me.