PDA

View Full Version : Dementia worries

lexilou25
21-12-17, 06:18
I'm 25. For the past few weeks, I've felt really foggy. I've had some issues recalling words, but will typically remember them shortly after. There are days when it feels as though the fog has lifted, and I can remember things clearly. But for the most part, everything feels muddled.

Tonight I went shopping with my mom. She held up a shirt and asked me what I thought. I told her I thought it looked a bit weird. We laughed, moved on... Then we were in the dressing room and she asked me to go get her that shirt. In my mind, that shirt was PINK. I went to the area the shirt was from and started looking. I saw the print of the shirt but the shirt was blue. I was so confused. I kept looking. Finally, I went back and gave her the blue shirt saying I couldn't find the pink one. She told me the shirt wasn't pink, it was blue. It was always blue.

I've basically been crying for over an hour now. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I even googled the shirt when I got home, so convinced they also made it in pink. They don't make that shirt in pink.

I feel like going to the ER. That's how this feels. This feels so entirely urgent. My boyfriend keeps telling me this is ridiculous and I need to be medicated, but to me, this feels very real. I feel like I'm deteriorating.

I hate this. Have any of you felt this way before? Have you dealt with weird memory things?

I'm not on medication. I am, however, SO anxious. I feel like my body is vibrating most of the time these days, if that is any indication of my anxiety level. I'm thinking about dementia constantly, nervous I'll be the 1 in a million person who finds themselves totally f-ed over my early onset dementia in their mid 20s. We have no family history of it except for my great grandma who started getting a bit demented when she was 97. I've never really seen anybody with dementia but it sounds terrible.

Any advice is much appreciated.

HeavyCrazy
21-12-17, 13:22
Were you thinking about other things when seeing the shirt? did you look at the shirt properly? Now im not the greatest at this but i've read something about being absentminded, Ur thinking and stuff around you dont register. kinda hard to explain but thats my 2 cents

Fishmanpa
21-12-17, 13:30
My Mom had dementia before she passed. What you describe is not that. What you do describe and the fact you're posting here is anxiety. Best advice is to use the free resources here (http://cbt4panic.org/) and here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) and look into real life help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts