PDA

View Full Version : Woken up in the biggest panic, need to vent

cattia
21-12-17, 07:03
So I have had this virus since Monday. By last night I felt considerably better and my temperature had come down. Then this morning I felt a million times worse and it had gone back up again :(
I've been getting shooting pains in my hands and feet along with aching in my legs and ankles.
My biggest HA fear has always been ME / CFS and I really feel like this might be the start of it. My husband is so fed up with my anxiety that he won't talk to me about it at all. I'm in such a major panic that this is the start of my worst fears because I know that symptoms that comr and go like this are a sign of CFS along with the shooting and muscle pain. I was too ill to go to my therapist yesterday and I won't see her now until January 11th so I literally feel like I'm on my own. I love Christmas normally and this year I feel like I won't be able to enjoy it at all. I'm not even well enough to do the food shopping :(

Careful1
21-12-17, 08:15
Sounds like the flu to me and I hope you get to feeling better soon...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is so frustrated with you. My husband has at times been the same way towards me. Unfortunately most people that don't have health anxiety don't understand what it's like. It's easy for them to say we are over reacting etc etc and unless they can step in our bodies and feel the gripping fear we feel and see how our minds work, they can't and will never understand...

I wish there was something I could say that would take your panic and gloom feeling away. Wish I could do that for all of us... You will be okay ((((hugs))))

cattia
21-12-17, 13:55
Thank you Careful! It's been a really bad year for me with anxiety and I think my husband is fed up with hearing it. I feel he doesn't appreciate how hard I've worked, I've been going into work for months with really bad anxiety and panic attacks and I guess he just doesn't appreciate how hard it's been. I've made a lot of progress in recent weeks and having this virus feels like it's set me back again. To him it's just me going on about the same stuff. I wish he could be more supportive but I don't think he's really capable of understanding what anxiety is like.

countrygirl
21-12-17, 14:24
Seems there are loads of us on here in uk with this awful flu virus. I started 2 days ago and my temp is still going up and my heartbeat is staying at 106 all the time!! Sounds like you are still battling the virus and your temp can go up and down until your body has beaten it.
I can't remember the last time I had a temp its so long ago although I can remember many years ago having flu virus and going to my Dr a week later and saying I was worried my temp was still high and heartbeat high and he was totally unconcerned!
You need to look after yourself, take paracetamol as that is really really good for flu pains in the body. I am taking it 3 times a day and drink lots of water to help your body as it uses alot of fluid when you have a temp.
I am trying very hard not to dissolve into a crying panic stricken heap with my husband - he is good but he also gets frustrated at my panic. As has been said if they don't have ha they have no idea what it feels like.
Thats why I am on here:) Keep posting and we can all help each other.

cattia
21-12-17, 14:32
Thank you countrygirl, it seems like there are some terrible bugs going round. Have you had shooting pains? This is probably the bit that's worrying me most because I'm irrationally worried that it's the start of fibromyalgia or ME. I'm so so rubbish at being ill, I always catastophise. I wanted to take the kids out tomorrow to so something Christmasy but I'll be too ill :( I'm not even sure how we'll manage the Christmas food shop at the
moment. I do hope we all feel better soon.

countrygirl
21-12-17, 14:36
Yep I too have had awful shooting pains. So far they can be down my thigh, round my ribs and down my shin. they are just the virus wreaking havoc. Its not full blown flu as we can get out of bed but its def a type of flu. I haven't had a raised temp for 15 years and have forgotten how horrible it is listening to your hearbeating fast.
What is your temp at moment?
We all have something we focus on. with me its temp and heartbeat but the pains do not worry me I just take paracetamol.
Maybe accept you are too ill to be out and about. this will just slow your recovery if you forced yourself. Can someone else do your shopping for you?

cattia
21-12-17, 15:19
Yes it's funny how we all have our own focuses! My heart doesn't bother me yet the pains are really freaking me out. My temp has gone down again to 36.9, it was down yesterday too then went up again overnight to 37.8. What's your temp?

countrygirl
21-12-17, 15:23
Was that with oral thermometer? I am using an ear one which reads higher than oral. Mine is sticking at 37.7 but going up to 38.3 in late afternoon. 37.5 is top of normal temp for ear thermometers whilst oral ones are 37. When my ear one said 38.3 the oral one said 37.7. I am a bit higher today:wacko:

Seems like the same virus. Are you taking paracetamol as i find that really really helps with the flu pains.

cattia
21-12-17, 15:46
I'm using an oral thermometer. Mine is up to 37.7 again now and the pains have got worse. Probably need to take some more drugs.

countrygirl
21-12-17, 21:52
How are you this evening?

Liziik
22-12-17, 00:43
I just got over one virus and immediately got another one �� There's so many going around. Your temp going up is a good thing really as it means your body is fighting the germs (and they're not terribly high) Keep on top of painkillers and they will help with the symptoms and your temperature and if you're not better or getting considerably worse visit a doc as it may be bacterial. (Although I just had mild bronchitis earlier this winter and the gp wouldn't give me antibiotics) there's so much going around hope you both feel better soon xx