PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have DVT please help

inxi
21-12-17, 09:28
Today I was on hold on the phone and I was sitting in my chair with my leg in an uncomfortable position. I would’ve been sitting for only and hour or two.
I got up and had pain in my calf which only hurt a bit when walking.
The pain had subsided after walking for a bit. Only to come back after standing stationary for a while.
I had to go to work and I stand a lot for my job so I’m standing and all of a sudden I’m having stabbing pains behind my knee at random intervals.
It subsides for a few hours but then it came back. It’s a stabbing that lasts a second then fades away.
I’m unsure if I’ve just strained a muscle or pinched a nerve or if it’s really DVT.
No redness or swelling. Not hot to the touch.
I’m 22 Only risk factor is low dose birth control pill.

I’m really worried but my doctor is closed due to it being night time.
Please help with ways to calm down and what I should do in the mean time.

Fishmanpa
21-12-17, 20:25
No redness or swelling. Not hot to the touch. No real risk factors to even consider and you sat in an uncomfortable position for over an hour.

I know what your anxiety is telling you but what does your logical mind tell you? ;)

Positive thoughts

inxi
05-01-18, 00:48
UPDATE: 3 weeks later, I experienced the pain when walking 2 more times, only seems to come after standing for a while. This past week I haven’t experienced any pain while walking. When I squat it feels like my calf is a little tight but no pain. Occasionally I will still get a dull pain in different areas of my calf, this doesn’t sound like dvt does it? Is DVT pain constant?

Part of me is still a bit anxious.