PDA

View Full Version : Resisting the urge to visit the doctor...

oxoshannon
21-12-17, 10:41
How do you guys do it?!

I visited twice last week about me feeling dizzy and strange and my head jumping around. Both doctors were not concerneed about my brain tumour fears. But I’m terrified they’ve missed it and in months to come they will be like “oh you do have one actually” - I know that’s totally irrational and so unlikely!

I’m sat here though just with my head screaming at me to go to the doctors again, I want to so bad but I know it won’t help me. It is the same thing over and over again BUT then my head tells me if I don’t go the bad thing will happen.

How do you get through moments like these and get on with your day as best as you can?

inxi
21-12-17, 11:08
I go through this as well. The way I try to resist is by telling myself that they’re professionals so that I should trust their opinion. Especially if you went to two different doctors and they both agree that nothing is wrong.

I then tell myself that I will record my symptoms and if they get worse I’ll go back and try to get further testing.

My problem is that although I’m very anxious about my health, I’m also shy and I’m scared to ask questions or ask for testing. So I leave the doctor unhappy. Make sure you don’t do this to get the most out of your doctors visits.

oxoshannon
21-12-17, 13:02
I go through this as well. The way I try to resist is by telling myself that they’re professionals so that I should trust their opinion. Especially if you went to two different doctors and they both agree that nothing is wrong.

I then tell myself that I will record my symptoms and if they get worse I’ll go back and try to get further testing.

My problem is that although I’m very anxious about my health, I’m also shy and I’m scared to ask questions or ask for testing. So I leave the doctor unhappy. Make sure you don’t do this to get the most out of your doctors visits.

Yeah I try to, I just try and leave it for days and then I cave. I’ve caved today and I’m so disappointed in myself but I just feel so wrong inside myself :(