PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever regret certain tests you've done?

denim03
21-12-17, 15:39
So, a lot of us panic when we get certain symptoms which leads us to seek medical care. Sometimes the doctors worry too and do/give certain tests/treatments and sometimes they just want to reassure us and that's why they agree to do/give certain tests or treatments. Nonetheless, most of the time the tests turn out normal but we might have put ourselves through unnecessary tests or treatments that have side effects. Like radiation from x-rays and scans or long-term side effects from medications. Personally, after my initial worry is taken care of I start to think about these things and worry about them instead. It's a vicious cycle that contains a lot of regret! So, I was wondering. Am I the only one who is like this? Or do you guys regret doing certain tests or doing certain treatments that have eventually caused more harm than good?

O_O
21-12-17, 16:12
I've never had any 'dangerous' tests done, apart from one x-ray on my ankle when I was a child.

However, I know that if I'd had CT scans or more x-rays I'd be worrying about them.

I worry about tests for other reasons. The anticipation, the fear that they'll find something bad, waiting for the results. It's got to the point that I want to avoid all tests even though I have symptoms that trouble me.

nivekc251
21-12-17, 16:26
Yup I wish I had the money that I spent on getting reassurance. At the time it seemed like it was worth it just to hear "you are ok",but now i feel a bit foolish lol. With all that money i could easily remodel my spare room into a sweet azz man cave.

unsure_about_this
21-12-17, 18:01
The only thing I regret so far in having the camera up my backside was not very nice, but it has been done now.

Careful1
21-12-17, 18:05
Yesssss all the time! I have had far to many cat scans and x rays.... I worry about this all the time. I worry I'm gonna get cancer and it's my own fault cause I kept pushing and pushing for more and more tests, allowing my anxiety to rule me... Even when my anxiety is in check and I'm doing great for the most part, I think of this.