PDA

View Full Version : [Success story!] Getting over dental fear :) :)

scaredpt
21-12-17, 18:53
Let me preface this by saying I haven't been to a dentist in about three years out of dental phobia. My big fear is dental cleanings.

Today I bit something a bit too hard and had a sharp pain in my tooth. The dentist's office said to come in immediately because the dentist might have to do something for it, or there could be some damage. I was terrified, thinking I was going to lose the tooth.

So I went to the dentist, and he was the nicest, most patient man ever. We talked for 15 minutes about my anxiety and he was really encouraging about my teeth. Long story short, he said my tooth is ok for now, it'll health in a few weeks, but I needed a deep cleaning so it could heal fully.

I said yes, and it wasn't that bad. I feel SO accomplished and proud of myself and just wanted to share. I'm actually looking forward to going back to him for a follow up and to take care of a few cavities :) :)

nivekc251
21-12-17, 19:49
:yesyes:

swgrl09
21-12-17, 19:53
Congratulations! The dentist has been a fear of mine for a while. You have a lot to be proud of!

nomorepanic
21-12-17, 20:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

unsure_about_this
28-12-17, 20:29
Well done for going to the dentist, I had to go back over the holidays as I broke a bit of my filling/tooth off, been sorted. I do attend regularly

peters
17-01-18, 21:20
Be proud, you deserve it! It sounds like you are very lucky with your dentist and I am sure you can handle the dental cleaning.