PDA

View Full Version : swollen groin lymph node?

lymphworrier
21-12-17, 19:48
when should you be worrying about palpable lymph nodes? im very very thin (bony arms, ribs stick out, the like) and havent been eating lately (due to sleeping at odd times. this is unrelated to anything im anxious about.) so i feel even more thinner than usual. my groin lymph nodes are typically palable, but one on my right side seems bigger than usual? i can feel the one of my left and its almost the same, but this one is bigger and i dont remember it being as big. i can even see a slight bump/curve on the outside near it. its rubbery-feeling but doesnt hurt except for the fact i keep digging my fingers into the area between my groin and my leg. could this just be because im thinner from not eating? is this some infection i didnt even know i had? i hate worrying about lymphs since i just make them worse by touching them so much

Fishmanpa
21-12-17, 20:09
when should you be worrying about palpable lymph nodes?

Never really. They're supposed to be that way. We have 400-600 nodes in our bodies. They range in size from a couple of mm up to 2cm. If you poke and prod, you'll be able to feel a few. Poke and prod enough and they become reactive and can become shotty (permanently enlarged - notice I didn't say "swollen")

I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. I know nodes as I had two cancerous nodes over 5cm removed from my neck. Your nodes are your body's sewer system and help filter out nasties. They will react to viruses and infections and make it rather obvious when they do.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
22-12-17, 15:05
If you have a swollen node you will know it is swollen, and if it's swollen because of cancer it will continue to grow it will not just be "Palpable" for long, eventually, it will be visually enlarged. Stop poking at it or you will make it swell up.

ShaunRyder
22-12-17, 16:34
I can feel lots of lymph nodes in my groins and recently had a swollen one, stood out from the rest and was really sore due to an infection near by, you'll know if you had a swollen one. Also I was always told if you are thinking you can feel youreally lymph nodes more