PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal pain and digestive issue

mullen4567
21-12-17, 21:14
Hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time to ready my post. For sometime now I've been having abdominal pain issue. About a month ago i started getting this bad abdominal pain on my lower right side. It was so bad at one point that i went to the dr thinking it was an appendicitis. He did some physical tests then did a urine test, blood test, and abdominal ultrasound. All turned out clear. He dismissed it as a muscular strain, which made me feel a bit better. But then 3 days later i went to the gym and then started doing pullups and it started to hurt extremely bad. i went home and went to bed. The next day it was agonizing, i didnt leave my bed. My sister whos a nurse said if it was an appendicitis i'd have a fever and be screaming. I did not have a fever and just fought through the pain. After that the pain sort of subsided. I went about my normal days. About a week later i started feeling bloated and had diarrhea/constipation. The pain then moved to my upper right abdomen right under my rib cage. I thought I had gall bladder issues because It would start after i ate fatty foods. I also have been having very soft stools and they are a lightbrown/yellow and I don't know why. At one point it was so bad i said screw it i'm going to the hospital. They did a full blood test and a full abdominal ultrasound and a urine test again. They said my blood and everything looked perfectly normal. They assured me if i had some sort of cancer the ultrasound and/or blood test would give them a sign. Then a week later it went away. Very small amount of pain but for the most part it was very dull, almost unnoticeable. My question to you guys is, does anyone share these symtpoms or have they had this in the past. I'm at my wits end here and just want to be normal again. I used to be on a clean diet but lost my job and started eating like crap and stopped going to the gym because of depression. I have since got a new job but this pain and worry will not go away. I don't know what to do. The drs say im healthy but I feel like i'm dying of colon cancer or some horrible disease :(. Any help would be highly appreciated. Sorry about the length.

bingjam
21-12-17, 21:25
Hi ����

Well I’ve been struggling with similar issues recently. And I’ve spoke to my nana who has ibs and my symptoms are similar to yours and my nana said she’s has the same issues as me.

Ibs never crossed my mind until I spoke to her.

Have a look about ibs see if it’s a possibility for you

ServerError
21-12-17, 21:30
This is very similar to me of late.

I started out with a nagging pain (very minor) on one side of my abdomen. My doctor put it down to something muscular, which it probably was, but I kept worrying about it, and before I knew it, I'd created a familiar spiral for myself that had a devastating effect on my abdomen and digestive system. Like yourself, I've had blood tests and an ultrasound. No sign of anything sinister.

I know it can be hard to believe, but your pains really could be triggered by your state of mind. This doesn't mean you're imagining them. There really is something wrong. Your guts have responded to your state of mind, altering your bowel habits and causing various pains.

Colon cancer is exceptionally rare in people under 50. I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're fairly young. Most other nasty bowel or digestive issues come with symptoms that set alarm bells ringing for doctors. The fact the doctors are happy with your health and your test results tell you all you need to know. The more you focus on this, the more you will trigger worsening pains.

Try to just keep going.

mullen4567
21-12-17, 21:39
This is very similar to me of late.

I started out with a nagging pain (very minor) on one side of my abdomen. My doctor put it down to something muscular, which it probably was, but I kept worrying about it, and before I knew it, I'd created a familiar spiral for myself that had a devastating effect on my abdomen and digestive system. Like yourself, I've had blood tests and an ultrasound. No sign of anything sinister.

I know it can be hard to believe, but your pains really could be triggered by your state of mind. This doesn't mean you're imagining them. There really is something wrong. Your guts have responded to your state of mind, altering your bowel habits and causing various pains.

Colon cancer is exceptionally rare in people under 50. I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're fairly young. Most other nasty bowel or digestive issues come with symptoms that set alarm bells ringing for doctors. The fact the doctors are happy with your health and your test results tell you all you need to know. The more you focus on this, the more you will trigger worsening pains.

Try to just keep going.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am 25 and have never really had any digestive issues. I have stopped going to the gym and my diet sucks. I try to keep my mind off of the pain but it always comes back. I go to the bathroom every day but the lightbrown/yellow stool greasy stool freaks me out so much. I just want to move on but feel stuck

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Hi ����

Well I’ve been struggling with similar issues recently. And I’ve spoke to my nana who has ibs and my symptoms are similar to yours and my nana said she’s has the same issues as me.

Ibs never crossed my mind until I spoke to her.

Have a look about ibs see if it’s a possibility for you

Yes my dr said that ibs is what he believes it is. But my mind always jumps to worst case scenario. Both my gp and the hospital doctor say my blood work and tests are perfect. But if its ibs idk how to get rid of it cuz its seriously taking a toll on my life.

Fishmanpa
21-12-17, 21:54
But if its ibs idk how to get rid of it cuz its seriously taking a toll on my life.

Most important is treating the root cause (anxiety) as it also helps treat the symptoms associated with it. Also, diet plays a huge role as well. Look into the FODMAP diet (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) which helps with IBS and Gerd. My wife and I suffer from reflux. We take a prescription PPI and follow the Fodmap diet. We also kept a journal of what we ate for a couple of months and now avoid those foods that cause us an issue.

Positive thoughts