PDA

View Full Version : Worried about eating cookie dough and getting sick. Please help

Moso13
21-12-17, 21:29
So I made some of the cookies you just bake and baked them. The ones from child hood with the christmas trees on them. After I baked them and took them off the pan I noticed a clump of cookie that was stuck and ate it and it tasted a little gooey/under baked. The cookies taste fine. Could I get sick from that even though it wasn't completely raw?

ckelley116
21-12-17, 21:35
My friends and I spent our teenage years having sleepovers and eating tubes of raw chocolate chip cookie dough. None of us ever got sick. You'll be fine :)

ShaunRyder
21-12-17, 21:55
That's the best part of it! You'll be fine!

venusbluejeans
21-12-17, 22:41
If raw cookie dough was poisonous then Ben an Jerry cookie dough ice cream has been poisoning everyone for years..... you are fine

Liziik
22-12-17, 00:50
I just ate more then I should of raw gingerbread dough! You will be fine!

Fishmanpa
22-12-17, 01:27
If raw cookie dough was poisonous then Ben an Jerry cookie dough ice cream has been poisoning everyone for years..... you are fine

True dat! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts and Ben & Jerry's!

JoeCanuck
22-12-17, 02:44
You'll be fine. The chances of getting anything from a raw egg is astronomically slim, I eat 'undercooked' eggs all the time. Pathogens in an egg are extremely rare, and if you did win the lottery and get one that was actually infected, so long as you aren't immunocompromised you probably wouldn't even know. If you *did* end up getting sick, it sucks but, again, as long as you're otherwise healthy it's a few days on the toilet and then you're good to go.

If you are really, really worried about raw eggs you can also just buy pasteurized eggs. The egg whites are a bit on the cloudy side when raw, but they are safe to eat without cooking at all, which by the way is what companies that make cookie dough, or cookie dough containing products use to avoid being sued for making people sick. Though I wouldn't bother with that, considering what I mentioned above.