PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when everything else has been ruled out?!

dcltr
22-12-17, 05:19
Hi all,

I really need some advice. For 2 years now I've had on and off neurological symptoms that cannot be explained. The main one being a phantom feeling on my left big toe as if something is stuck underneath and on the tip. I also have a left hip flexor that has way less mobility than my right. Along with those are the random body twitching, memory issues and fatigue. I've lost my motivation to do anything I used to enjoy.

I have seen my GP, a chiropractor, an osteo therapist, a neurologist and a podiatrist.

I've had a full brain and C spine mri done last year, a lumbar spine mri done twice and a thoracic spine mri that have all shown nothing. I've even had a standing x ray of my spine. Also a blood test.

After review of my mris and x rays my osteo and neurologist are stumped. Every test looks like I should be fine.

I've been on prozac for a few weeks now and my stress/anxiety levels are low yet these symptoms persist. At what point do I just give up? My neurologist said come back in 6 months if it's still and issue and my osteo has done all he can. Both have suggested MS as a possibility and now I'm wondering what else could it be?!

What should I do at this point? I'm absolutey lost.

AntsyVee
22-12-17, 06:14
I would try treating yourself for anxiety and depression. If after therapy, maybe medication, eating right, avoiding alcohol, exercising. You you treat those and you still don’t feel better, you may have a medical problem.