PDA

View Full Version : DVT fear has come back with a vengence

unicorndusy
22-12-17, 18:34
Hi everyone,

After having my left leg worries a few weeks back it’s now Christmas weekend and I’m well and truly fed up of worrying over my leg. I’m due to have a scan on this lump I’ve had for over a year now that hurts like hell and radiates to my foot when exercising or walking fast. Now I have noticed a red patch on the back of my calf right at the bottom where the foot joins. I’m freaking out that I’ve got a DVT and I’m so scared of something happening over Christmas. My foot and leg are hurting but I’ve been walking all day around shopping, I’m just worried absolutely sick and I can’t see a doctor till at least the week after next. I’m praying that the redness doesn’t spread or else I think I’ll have a breakdown. I’ve also noticed so many things with my left foot like bulging veins etc and getting occasional pins and needles in my foot. My biggest fear is a blood clot and I fear it is going to get worse.

Any advice or reassurance is greatly appreciated,

Peace and love

Fishmanpa
22-12-17, 20:00
There's something going on or they wouldn't have ordered the scan. That being said, it's probably something benign like a lipoma or cyst.

Making the leap to a DVT with no symptoms of one is like jumping the Thames in a single bound :)

Positive thoughts

unicorndusy
22-12-17, 20:50
There's something going on or they wouldn't have ordered the scan. That being said, it's probably something benign like a lipoma or cyst.

Making the leap to a DVT with no symptoms of one is like jumping the Thames in a single bound :)

Positive thoughts

Thanks for the reassurance, and yeah my doctor said she thinks its a sebaceous cyst from an ingrown hair follicle (I don't really believe that though) as she felt it and stuff, and I feel she did order the scan for re-assurance and/or to rule out something else. I assume it's because of the time frame (a year). I haven't had the letter come through yet and she didn't really say it was urgent or anything.

Thanks again :)

unicorndusy
27-12-17, 19:34
Sorry to bump but the panic has come back again! Stupid me googled and found all sorts of stories about people who had the same symptoms as me and had a clot! I know rationally that I’ve had this for over a year it can’t be clot or else I would’ve known by now. But I went out again today and had pain where the lump is, praying it’s just a hernia but now my foot keeps getting occasional pins and needles etc, intermittent pain etc. I’m so frightened I just want this scan now.

Peace and love