PDA

View Full Version : Worried about freckle on my arm

Worrywart1234
23-12-17, 07:57
So I have this freckle on my arm that i’ve Had for most of my life. It’s about a bit smaller than a quarter of my pinkie finger and a tan sort of colour with a white dot in the center. It’s never changed, never been itchy/ sore or anything. But both my husband and mother in law told me I should get it checked a few months ago (my husband has had heaps of moles cut off him).

Well this afternoon I was sitting down and it just caught my eye a few times. I don’t know if it’s because I was wearing a sleeveless top or if it’s because it’s changed just slightly. I think I might have melanoma and i’m On the verge of a full on panic attack. Please help

ShaunRyder
23-12-17, 12:17
What you described gives off no symptoms of a cancerous mole, just sounds like a normal mole/freckle. More likely your anxiety has kicked in over it because family members have made comments over it.

Careful1
23-12-17, 22:09
It doesn't sound like a cancerous mole/freckle... If it concerns you terribly have a dermatologist check it... In the meantime try not to worry, I know easier said then done but don't allow your anxiety to ruin your holidays :hugs:

Fishmanpa
23-12-17, 22:24
both my husband and mother in law told me I should get it checked a few months ago

Can I ask about this?

Did your MIL and husband tell you to get it checked because it caught their eye too or was it after you asked them for the 12th time that day if it looked weird to them? ;)

Positive thoughts

Worrywart1234
24-12-17, 00:22
That’s a good question, actually.

I actually never gave freckles or moles even half a second of thought. I have olive sort of skin and never go out in the sun, although i’ve Been sunburnt maybe half a dozen times in my life. My husband and mother in law mentioned it to me out of the blue on two separate occasions....the same week as I read a few wonderfully nasty stories about surprise melanoma. And a new thing to worry about was born...

My husband has had heaps of moles cut off his back, one as recently as last year. So I think he and his Mum are more aware of this stuff than I am (though it’s something new to worry about for me). My husband said to me this morning that the freckle i’m Worried about i’ve Had for many, many years and it’s not itchy or dry or scaly like his was. So i’m Not rushing out on Xmas eve to get it checked... I think maybe it’s my anxiety that’s been talking. But in the new year (after I’ve had a session or two with the psychologist) i’m Going to go and get it checked.

I start seeing a psychologist the 9th January and it can’t come soon enough for me!!

Fishmanpa
24-12-17, 00:35
Thanks for answering... I can see that for sure. When I go for my yearly physical, my doctor is pretty thorough. It's blood work and follow up with a top to bottom exam so I know he checks my skin. Never had to be referred but I've had a few cut/frozen off. No Biggie.

Positive thoughts