PDA

View Full Version : I've been doing well... (Heart Anxiety)

S.B
23-12-17, 18:29
...until fairly recently. Health Anxiety has creeped back into the cave and blocked the exit.

Struggling with left shoulder aches, left arm tiredness and upper left chest (nr collarbone) aches. None of these are particularly easy to pinpoint down and replicate with any true confidence, but they seem to happen daily at various points.

Just now, I was in the gym, did 5k running. At times my left arm ached a bit but didn't really get worse throughout the run. It came and went if anything.

After that, I did some bench presses and noticed some mild discomfort right in the middle of my chest (below sternum) when I was holding the bar at arms length above my chest. Freaked me out a bit and ultimately, I guess it has been the straw that broke the camels back because now I'm back on here!

I had extensive cardiac workup earlier this year, the last tests I had were in August and included Exercise Stress Test and ECHO and chat with a consultant who was so not worried about anything. Since then, I guess my perceived symptoms have shifted somewhat and I'm wrestling with the prospect of going back to my GP!

HELP!

Fishmanpa
23-12-17, 19:51
Help with what? You ran a 5K and worked out some more after that! Nothing was found after extensive testing.

Positive thoughts