PDA

View Full Version : Low Body Temp? Is this normal?

Benser
23-12-17, 23:19
I’ve noticed my temperature has been unusually low the last few days, around the 96.5 to 96.8 Fahrenheit range. I’ve also got a pretty bad headache with some random back and abdomen pain too.

Is this normal? I thought it should be like 98.6, and this is significantly lower.

Murdock
24-12-17, 00:37
How are you taking your temperature?

NancyW
24-12-17, 02:28
I charted my temp for years through fertility and perimenopause, it was perfect in letting me know what my hormones were doing.

Something I learned about myself is my temp runs right around 96 degrees and that is normal for me.

Chances are, you're fine.

Is there a reason you're taking your temp?

Noivous
24-12-17, 02:46
I just read today the Mayo Clinic says temps as low as 95f are considered normal.

lauren6
24-12-17, 04:20
Benzer, I don't know if you are male or female. If you are female, your temp can be very low prior to ovulation. My temperature last week was 96.5 when I woke up and I was scared (not ovulating anymore, older...as the day went on, my temp got back to normal but it is never 98.6. Usually morning temp is 97.2. I will never know why it was so low but as long as it normalized, I am OK. As far as your other pains, I hope you have them checked out by an internist who can give you the proper blood tests and scans if necessary. The headache can be from stress as I am sure you are stressing over these symptoms.