PDA

View Full Version : Weird symptoms, any insight is appreciated!

ablk
24-12-17, 11:23
Hello,

My name is Alex, 21 y.o. and I'm struggling with some form of health anxiety for almost 3 years and doctors have no clue what the issue is. It all started after a huge stress when I was 18 (at that time I had severe anxiety and panic attacks with high heart rate) and since that it got worse and worse until I had to stop working and pause university.

I tried CBT for 8 months (with a pause) and it didn't work pretty well so I went to a psychiatrist for help and they say I'm a very special case because I don't fit in any known diagnostic. I had all kinds of medical tests and all came back normal, I really don't know what to do next...

My tests (all came back clean): blood tests, thyroid hormone test, thyroid echography, abdominal echography, heart echography, heart ecg and holter, head eeg, head CT scan, urine test, eye check (nothing more than astigmatism)

My symptoms:
- agitation during the day (can't sit still for long) and almost homebound
- high heart rate for no reason (100+ bpm when resting, unless I take the beta-blocker)
- random muscle twitching
- really low stress tolerance
- weird feeling when watching busy patterns
- dizzy spells with feelings of faint (feeling that the room is spinning and that I'm going to faint, lasts a couple of seconds)
- dizzy feeling and anxious if I try to focus on something for more than 5 minutes
- anxious in social situations and when outside of house (fear of not fainting)
- fear of seizures (which makes me uncomfortable to go outside by myself)
- episodic photophobia (feels like my eyes are burning and that my mind will block)
- random eyes moving fast from one side to the other for a fraction of a second (no idea why this happens)
- seeing small moving bright sparks (not floaters, I have floaters too)

My medications (which work a bit, but it doesn't fix the issue):
- risperidone 1.5ml at morning and noon
- olanzapine 5mg at night
- trihexyphenidylum 2mg at morning and night
- xanax 0.12mg when needed
- lamitrogine 25mg at morning and night (anti-epileptic used for mood stabilizer)
- metoprolol (beta-blocker) 25mg at morning

No other known health issues.

I literally have no idea what to do, I was getting better and better until that dizzy spell came again and scared me a lot. My mood is not stable during the day, I can feel ok now and in the next 5 minutes feel so weird that I start questioning my health condition. Daytime is the hardest and I start feeling fine when the night comes (most likely because I go to sleep and all this hell stops when I sleep).

I also went to a homeopath doc and gave me some pills and said I have a magnesium and calcium deficiency (from blood tests, magnesium was close to the lower limit, calcium was normal) and I'm trying at the moment to take calcium and magnesium, no relief so far.

The most annoying symptoms which trigger my health anxiety are the vision that makes me feel like it will burn and that I'm going to have a seizure (never had a seizure, but I don't know how else to explain it) and the dizzy spells which are rare but very frightening.

Another weird part is that if I have a big stressor during the day, after the stress passes I feel really calm and the random agitation doesn't show up until the next morning.

It's hard for me to believe that this isn't something wrong with my health because it's impossible to have such a low stress tolerance and feel the way I feel... I tried to explain my situation the best I could, if you have any questions, please ask (I hope I posted in the right place) and any ideas on what to do next are much appreciated, I feel stuck in this hell and I want to return to university, to work and have a normal life again... All day long I'm trying to figure out what the real cause of all of this is and I can't find anything.

Thanks a lot!

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 12:18
Hi

Sorry to hear you are suffering so badly.

From what you are describing, it certainly sounds like it's all stress/anxiety related. Especially as you have defined a trigger point when you are 18 years old.

All the symptoms you have listed are common, although your visual disturbances seem particularly bad. My partner has astigmatism and she does have lots of weird visual disturbances too, and her eyes are VERY sensitive.

If you have had medical tests that have come back clear, I would try and focus on those. You appear to be physically healthy, so try and focus on that.

I feel you are taking a lot of medication to manage your symptoms, and perhaps it's a good idea to talk to your Doctor about the possible side effects of that medication. If you're still feeling bad, perhaps it's time to try and reduce/come off some of it?

ablk
24-12-17, 12:27
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I take lot of medication to manage this but the doses are low, and even by taking these I still feel some parts the same. The symptoms I described above were also here before this treatment, I went to the psychiatrist first time only 3 months ago, before this I tried CBT.

Hmm, maybe the astigmatism causes the visual symptoms, but no idea why I have dizzy spells once in a while (especially if I feel tensed or try to focus on something).

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 13:23
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I take lot of medication to manage this but the doses are low, and even by taking these I still feel some parts the same. The symptoms I described above were also here before this treatment, I went to the psychiatrist first time only 3 months ago, before this I tried CBT.

Hmm, maybe the astigmatism causes the visual symptoms, but no idea why I have dizzy spells once in a while (especially if I feel tensed or try to focus on something).

Almost everybody that suffers from anxiety suffers from dizziness, I get it especially when I sit at a desk and look at a screen. For me, it's almost entirely related to muscle tension.

I can't help feeling that you won't know which medications are working and which aren't. I wonder if it's worth coming off them slowly and starting again one by one? Plenty of people manage their symptoms with no medication at all, and once you learn that the symptoms aren't actually going to do you any harm, it's much easier to cope with.

ablk
24-12-17, 13:32
Almost everybody that suffers from anxiety suffers from dizziness, I get it especially when I sit at a desk and look at a screen. For me, it's almost entirely related to muscle tension.

I can't help feeling that you won't know which medications are working and which aren't. I wonder if it's worth coming off them slowly and starting again one by one? Plenty of people manage their symptoms with no medication at all, and once you learn that the symptoms aren't actually going to do them any harm, it's much easier to cope with.

I see, thanks for making it clear. My worry isn't about the dizziness, it's about feeling I'm going to faint (never fainted), dizziness alone wouldn't make me worry at all.

About the treatment, for the moment I'm slowly coming off them, been coming off xanax first as my doc said and after the new years eve I'll go again to him to see what's the next move.

Do you have any strategy for how to work or be able to focus on something without bringing anxiety in?

Fishmanpa
24-12-17, 13:34
I wonder if it's worth coming off them slowly and starting again one by one? Plenty of people manage their symptoms with no medication at all, and once you learn that the symptoms aren't actually going to do them any harm, it's much easier to cope with.

Someone once told me to consult with a medical professional about medication rather than take diagnosis/advice from a web forum :whistles: When it comes to psychotropics, it's vital, especially in light of the number of medications and psychological issues are going on. Meds also can and do cause side effects which can enhance already present physical symptoms of anxiety. Changing doses or medications should be strictly supervised by a health professional.

As AJoe said, all the symptoms you listed can be attributed to stress and anxiety. You certainly do have a lot going on. While it's not pleasant, it's not harmful or sinister. You're doing the right thing in seeking real life help.

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 13:47
Someone once told me to consult with a medical professional about medication rather than take diagnosis/advice from a web forum :whistles:

You're correct, and if you read my first post in this thread, I qualified my opinion by stating that these decisions are best made WITH medical professionals.

I feel you are taking a lot of medication to manage your symptoms, and perhaps it's a good idea to talk to your Doctor about the possible side effects of that medication. If you're still feeling bad, perhaps it's time to try and reduce/come off some of it?

ablk
24-12-17, 13:56
Thank you both for the replies, I guess I have to accept that my anxiety became so big that it causes weird bouts of physical symptoms and that's it... I wonder how I'm going to get out of it since not even xanax seems to do much.

My other theory is that there's a hormonal imbalance (not the thyroid hormone) and that's why I have this episodic anxiety which goes away at night.

If anyone recommends some other tests or has any other idea, please feel free to share it.

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 14:10
Some people respond well to anxiety medication and some don't. Some people it makes it worse.

Most people (if not all?) will have varying amounts of anxiety throughout the day, and it's very common for it to be worse in the morning just as you wake up.

A hormonal balance is unlikely (but possible). If you are tested for that too and it turns out your hormones are fine, try to accept that it's anxiety.

Anxiety is incredibly powerful and can cause literally hundreds of symptoms.

For me, once I accepted that's what it was, I found it much easier to let it be. Once you let it be, it starts to pass. It doesn't happen overnight, but it does pass.

ablk
24-12-17, 14:18
I accepted it too, but when that dizzy spell with fainting feeling happened, it made it start all again (the fainting part made it start again)... Though it's true that the road to recovery is one with many setbacks.

How much did it take you to get over it and function properly? I'm wondering if I can do it in 2 months so that I can return to college. I started taking magnesium at the moment.

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 14:26
I accepted it too, but when that dizzy spell with fainting feeling happened, it made it start all again (the fainting part made it start again)... Though it's true that the road to recovery is one with many setbacks.

How much did it take you to get over it and function properly? I'm wondering if I can do it in 2 months so that I can return to college. I started taking magnesium at the moment.

Hmmm, difficult to give a time frame as I was learning as I was recovering. My path to recovery wasn't linear.

One thing that really helped me was meditation. Meditation isn't about 'being calm', it's about observing what's happening right now, and whatever that is, just accepting it. What that allowed me to do was to feel a symptom of anxiety and not immediately react with panic. It's that immediate reaction that keeps the anxiety cycle recurring in most people (I think).

So before, I would have a dizzy spell and within a second I would feel adrenaline, I would feel my heart rate go up and then I would focus on THAT feeling too. Now, I will have a symptom (dizziness, skipped heart beat, brain fog....whatever) and my first reaction is to pause, breathe and slow my thought process down. 99% of the time, the sensation passes within a minute or so.

I know it'll take me years to recover completely from the prolonged stress I was under and the accompanying anxiety, but if I'm not suffering with that anxiety on a daily basis, I'm fine with that.

ablk
24-12-17, 14:31
Hmmm, difficult to give a time frame as I was learning as I was recovering. My path to recovery wasn't linear.

One thing that really helped me was meditation. Meditation isn't about 'being calm', it's about observing what's happening right now, and whatever that is, just accepting it. What that allowed me to do was to feel a symptom of anxiety and not immediately react with panic. It's that immediate reaction that keeps the anxiety cycle recurring in most people (I think).

So before, I would have a dizzy spell and within a second I would feel adrenaline, I would feel my heart rate go up and then I would focus on THAT feeling too. Now, I will have a symptom (dizziness, skipped heart beat, brain fog....whatever) and my first reaction is to pause, breathe and slow my thought process down. 99% of the time, the sensation passes within a minute or so.

I know it'll take me years to recover completely from the prolonged stress I was under and the accompanying anxiety, but if I'm not suffering with that anxiety on a daily basis, I'm fine with that.

Wow, you described it perfectly, I'm actually wondering if I felt faint or it was just panic because as soon as the dizziness started, my adrenaline went haywire in the next moment and everything stopped in about 10 seconds. I will try to do what you said the next time it happens, thanks a lot! I don't mind anxiety either as long as it's not a daily thing, I hope I'll get there asap.

ankietyjoe
24-12-17, 14:44
I think you'll be fine, I'm pretty sure.

It's just about acceptance, and more acceptance.

When I first started with the meditation I used to use a lot of mantra's (actually I still do sometimes). When I had a bad bout of anxiety I would say to myself 'this will pass, this will pass'. Often for 5-10 minutes. It's surprising how effective it is, as you're talking directly to your subconscious, which is the part of the brain most directly responsible for panic.

Once you get over that obstacle of the initial adrenal reaction, it's actually a lot easier to manage.

ablk
26-12-17, 16:13
If I start to ignore anxiety, it gets worse and worse until I start to get shaky hands/legs and when this happens, I fear of not having a seizure or something (never had one, but I feel that my brain will block). I'm also facing some bad feelings some time after it.

I also get bouts of energy when I'm getting angry that even when I really want to work and do stuff, anxiety won't leave me alone... I don't know why it doesn't cease when I have a big bout of energy to do stuff.

ankietyjoe
26-12-17, 16:54
If I start to ignore anxiety, it gets worse and worse until I start to get shaky hands/legs and when this happens, I fear of not having a seizure or something (never had one, but I feel that my brain will block). I'm also facing some bad feelings some time after it.

I also get bouts of energy when I'm getting angry that even when I really want to work and do stuff, anxiety won't leave me alone... I don't know why it doesn't cease when I have a big bout of energy to do stuff.

Anger will fuel anxiety almost indefinitely.

I wonder if it's also worth you talking to a therapist about the things that have happened to you? It sounds like there are feelings you need to work through.

I learned the hard way that anger is very, very toxic and can cause you a lot of harm.

I also don't think you should ignore the anxiety. Accepting it isn't about ignoring it, it's about seeing that it's there and just letting it run it's course.

ablk
26-12-17, 17:04
Well, I'm still going to my therapist and I mentioned these bouts of energy, but she said that that's a sign I'm recovering... I'll raise the question for the anger part next time, thanks.

Hmm, but what should I do when I have the feeling that my brain will block? Just accept it and continue doing what I'm doing or stop and let anxiety level lower, then repeat?

ankietyjoe
26-12-17, 17:53
Well, I'm still going to my therapist and I mentioned these bouts of energy, but she said that that's a sign I'm recovering... I'll raise the question for the anger part next time, thanks.

Hmm, but what should I do when I have the feeling that my brain will block? Just accept it and continue doing what I'm doing or stop and let anxiety level lower, then repeat?

Brain block is just another part of anxiety. Brain fog, de-realisation, confusion, memory problems. All are common with prolonged anxiety and stress.

As long as you know there are no medical issues (and you have been tested multiple times) then just let them be.

Shimmy81
26-12-17, 21:05
My symptoms:
- agitation during the day (can't sit still for long) and almost homebound
- high heart rate for no reason (100+ bpm when resting, unless I take the beta-blocker)
- random muscle twitching
- really low stress tolerance
- weird feeling when watching busy patterns
- dizzy spells with feelings of faint (feeling that the room is spinning and that I'm going to faint, lasts a couple of seconds)
- dizzy feeling and anxious if I try to focus on something for more than 5 minutes
- anxious in social situations and when outside of house (fear of not fainting)
- fear of seizures (which makes me uncomfortable to go outside by myself)
- episodic photophobia (feels like my eyes are burning and that my mind will block)
- random eyes moving fast from one side to the other for a fraction of a second (no idea why this happens)
- seeing small moving bright sparks (not floaters, I have floaters too)

Hi Alex,

ive pretty much had all the symptoms you have/had and near enought all the same tests with the same results. Most of the symptoms have subsided or are not as bad as before/cpme and go, but these two what you listed im still experincing most days:

The latter is the one that bothers me the most. When do you find it happens the most. Can you elaborate on it abit more? I find its worse when im watching tv etc or if im trying to focus or stare at something. It doesnt always happen and seems intermittemt. I also get the random muscle twicthing, seems to happen more at night and also a strong pulse/thribbing in my head esp near temples and eyes.

ablk
26-12-17, 22:15
Hi Shimmy,

I'm glad that your tests were also clean! The eye movement thing happens exactly like you described, when I'm focusing on something, though since my new treatment, the episodes are more often, but the movement is shorter. It can happen if I try to watch something and be focused, doesn't matter what I do. I mentioned this to my neurologist but she said it's not something to be concerned about. Before the treatment for my anxiety, the episodes weren't so often but the movement was larger than now.

For the episodic photophobia, I've seen that if I apply artificial tears, the light doesn't bother me as much and for the muscle twitches I haven't noticed a specific time when it gets worse. I'm also trying magnesium to see if it helps overall, but high dosage of it.

FamilyPicnic
26-12-17, 22:55
Hi, I'm sorry you are having symptoms for which no doctor seems to be able to find the cause of.

Two things come to mind as I am reading your post.

First of all I see you are taking several meds. I'm not familiar with most of these but I'm wondering if the interactions could be causing your symptoms. Taken alone they may be fine, but when combined with others may cause symptoms.

And secondly, the visual symptoms you are having might possibly be because of a "migraine brain." Do you suffer at all from migraine headaches? Even if you don't you can still have a "migraine brain."

ablk
27-12-17, 08:37
Hi, I'm sorry you are having symptoms for which no doctor seems to be able to find the cause of.

Two things come to mind as I am reading your post.

First of all I see you are taking several meds. I'm not familiar with most of these but I'm wondering if the interactions could be causing your symptoms. Taken alone they may be fine, but when combined with others may cause symptoms.

And secondly, the visual symptoms you are having might possibly be because of a "migraine brain." Do you suffer at all from migraine headaches? Even if you don't you can still have a "migraine brain."

Hi, thanks for your reply. Maybe the meds keep some symptoms ongoing, but I had almost the same symptoms before taking meds too, so I'm not sure at the moment what causes what.

I don't have headaches at all, used to have tension headaches but didn't have one for some time, so the only option left is some silent migraines.

Shimmy81
29-12-17, 14:24
Alex, does your vision ever shake, shimmer or vibrate? And the feeling off the eyes moving, mine feels like the eyes want to move or get tugged away from the point of focus.

I’m also thinking it could be Migraine. Sometimes but not always I get a headache. I have read and talked to people who have said you can get visual issues from migraines. There is a optical variant(s) that can produce a headache or no headache with visual issues. But researching it I can’t seem to find my exact symptoms with regards to the pulling or tugging/movement of the eyes. And can these migraines cause shimmering or shaking off vision. Mine seem to happen most days, I don’t know if these migraines can happen nearly ever day!

Yes like wise I’m using eye drops for the photophobia and been using magnesium for around 2-3 months for the twitching, seems to have reducing the severity although can still happen most days.

ablk
29-12-17, 16:26
It vibrates if I look at a busy pattern (for example a room full of small things or lots of tiny stones on the street), other than that it feels sometimes that I'm not staying straight, but not sure if my eyes do this or it's just a stress response. My eyes simply move from one side to the other, feels like they reset themselves.

Anxietyjoe, I just understood today that anxiety is a way of losing control over your own body and I have to regain it somehow. Though it feels scary.

Shimmy81
31-12-17, 12:34
Alex, what did your neurologist say about the eye moving symptoms, I thought I read that they said it’s nothing to worry about? Did they give any explanation why it happens?

ablk
31-12-17, 12:52
She didn't seem to worry, nor did she give any explanation for it. I found a topic online about people who have the same thing and still no explanation.

My fear of seizures came again today... Don't know how to make it go away.

Shimmy81
02-01-18, 23:37
She didn't seem to worry, nor did she give any explanation for it. I found a topic online about people who have the same thing and still no explanation.

My fear of seizures came again today... Don't know how to make it go away.

Do you have a link to the topic you read online Alex? I would love too see others who have this similar issue to us.

I wish I knew how to make these symptoms we have go away.....all I can think is that I hope it’s down to anxiety and the effect it has on the nervous system and the body. It’s like a vicious circle that goes round and round. Sometimes I can feel the anxiety and adrenaline and strange feelings in body when the eye stuff happens. Almost like they are hand in hand as the mind goes into overdrive fearing the worst. Please don’t worry about seizures you will be fine - the more you ruminate about it the worse the feelings and thoughts will get.

Potter86
03-01-18, 00:42
Do you have a link to the topic you read online Alex? I would love too see others who have this similar issue to us.

I wish I knew how to make these symptoms we have go away.....all I can think is that I hope it’s down to anxiety and the effect it has on the nervous system and the body. It’s like a vicious circle that goes round and round. Sometimes I can feel the anxiety and adrenaline and strange feelings in body when the eye stuff happens. Almost like they are hand in hand as the mind goes into overdrive fearing the worst. Please don’t worry about seizures you will be fine - the more you ruminate about it the worse the feelings and thoughts will get.

Can you feel adrenaline in your body?if so what does it feel like? I have the feeling of my blood rishing through my body with my body shakes is that adrenaline? Cheers

ablk
04-01-18, 20:08

I hope I'm allowed to post links, please remove if not: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/eyes-moving-side-to-side-very-rapidly-for-a-split-second/show/476777

This topic is about exactly what we're describing Shimmy

Potter, that's pretty much adrenaline in my opinion.

poppy77
04-01-18, 22:01
Alex, have you always had social anxieties and feelings of awkwardness or just in the last few years?

Have you had light/visual sensitivities in the past?

The reason I ask, is that given the fact that you have had a heap of tests and all clear would suggest it's an anxiety thing thing to do with social situations.

ablk
05-01-18, 10:32
Alex, have you always had social anxieties and feelings of awkwardness or just in the last few years?

Have you had light/visual sensitivities in the past?

The reason I ask, is that given the fact that you have had a heap of tests and all clear would suggest it's an anxiety thing thing to do with social situations.

I was always more cautious in social situations than needed, but I haven't experienced such anxious feelings until around 3 years ago when everything started.

The light sensitivity is also since it began, before this I didn't have trouble with lights and etc. The light sensitivity is not linked with the social situations though, I have the weird feeling when home too.

After all the tests, I really am convinced that all these issues are anxiety related and/or side effects from the current medication.

Chris 614
05-01-18, 10:51
I wanted to add my two cents. I have the thing with my eyes. I will be reading or watching something and my eyes will move rapidly to the side and back, usually just once. The last time I was at the ophthalmologist I mentioned it. He actually saw it happen while I was there. There is a name for it and it's a common thing. Nothing bad. I wish I could remember the name of it.

Also, when I am having bad anxiety my eyes are much more sensitive to light. I wear sunglasses if necessary.

Another thing I wanted to mention was a book by Claire Weekes, Hope and Help for your Nerves. She takes the mystery out of anxiety symptoms. She explains how and why the body responds to anxiety and offers solutions to the problems. She has other books too. Some are downloadable. Some are audio books as well. She wrote the books many years ago, but the information is something I've found very helpful.

ablk
05-01-18, 11:08
I wanted to add my two cents. I have the thing with my eyes. I will be reading or watching something and my eyes will move rapidly to the side and back, usually just once. The last time I was at the ophthalmologist I mentioned it. He actually saw it happen while I was there. There is a name for it and it's a common thing. Nothing bad. I wish I could remember the name of it.

Also, when I am having bad anxiety my eyes are much more sensitive to light. I wear sunglasses if necessary.

Another thing I wanted to mention was a book by Claire Weekes, Hope and Help for your Nerves. She takes the mystery out of anxiety symptoms. She explains how and why the body responds to anxiety and offers solutions to the problems. She has other books too. Some are downloadable. Some are audio books as well. She wrote the books many years ago, but the information is something I've found very helpful.

Thanks for your reply. The eye thing is more common than we thought apparently (confirmed by cases here and by the link I provided), I guess it's something without medical meaning.

I'll check that book, I'm also reading DARE at the moment (as far as I understood it's a book written after the Claire Weeke's one) and I'm also reading cbt4panic. The thing is that at the moment, the medication triggers some anxiety symptoms and it's hard to distinguish if what I feel it's from anxiety or from the meds, but I'm tapering off meds and it should be more clear after that.

Chris 614
05-01-18, 13:04
Yes, when you're on multiple meds it's hard to determine what is what. You should have some clarity once you are off of them.

I have the Dare book as well. I prefer Claire Weekes, but Dare does use a lot of what she wrote originally. I'm glad you're being proactive and working on getting better. You can do it. This doesn't have to be crippling.

ablk
05-01-18, 14:32
Yes, when you're on multiple meds it's hard to determine what is what. You should have some clarity once you are off of them.

I have the Dare book as well. I prefer Claire Weekes, but Dare does use a lot of what she wrote originally. I'm glad you're being proactive and working on getting better. You can do it. This doesn't have to be crippling.

Thanks for your support Chris, I hope that you're on your way to recovery as well and that we will be 100% good soon! It's definitely possible.

Shimmy81
11-01-18, 21:46
Hi Alex/Chris

Thanks for the link Alex, i have had a good read through it and like you said seems like a common issue with some of us...the doctor replying seems to point to Nystagmus quite abit. From my research for nystagmus to happen in an adult (if they have not been born with it) usually, but not always, is an aquired form that sometimes happens to have quite serious causes. I really hope it is not that for anyone. It got me abit worried as i did think to myself before and esp when this all started last year that is it nystagmus.

I work in the medical profession (but i am not a doctor) and maybe my inquistive nature got the best of me.

Have any of your medical professionals mentioned nystagmus to you guys? Chris can you remember the name your doc gave you for it?

Chris the way you describe your symptoms is defo similar if not exactly to what im experiencing. Like it feels the eyes pull or get tugged away from the point of focus.
I also get tremors in my head and internally, shimmering of vision sometimes, esp when looking at bright things or white writing on a dark background. Ive found myself turning down the brightness on the TV, seems to help abit.

I am due to see the one of the leading professor for nystagmus and eye movements, in the UK, if not the world tomorrow. Luckily she works in the city I live in :) even though its taken months to get a referral.
Lets she what she says i hope its good news following her assessment. I have taken videos on my phone on a few occasions when i have managed to catch it happening which im going to show her. I will update and let you guys know if they can shed any light on this.

With regards to the books, i have been reading one called At last a life by paul davis. Its good, and was a toss up between the claire weeks one. Does that one happen to explain the eye symtoms well?

I am sure we are all gona be fine, we have similar symptoms and just got to be strong and pull through. Like chris said it doesnt have to be crippling.

Potter86
11-01-18, 22:01
Hi Alex/Chris

Thanks for the link Alex, i have had a good read through it and like you said seems like a common issue with some of us...the doctor replying seems to point to Nystagmus quite abit. From my research for nystagmus to happen in an adult (if they have not been born with it) usually, but not always, is an aquired form that sometimes happens to have quite serious causes. I really hope it is not that for anyone. It got me abit worried as i did think to myself before and esp when this all started last year that is it nystagmus.

I work in the medical profession (but i am not a doctor) and maybe my inquistive nature got the best of me.

Have any of your medical professionals mentioned nystagmus to you guys? Chris can you remember the name your doc gave you for it?

Chris the way you describe your symptoms is defo similar if not exactly to what im experiencing. Like it feels the eyes pull or get tugged away from the point of focus.
I also get tremors in my head and internally, shimmering of vision sometimes, esp when looking at bright things or white writing on a dark background. Ive found myself turning down the brightness on the TV, seems to help abit.

I am due to see the one of the leading professor for nystagmus and eye movements, in the UK, if not the world tomorrow. Luckily she works in the city I live in :) even though its taken months to get a referral.
Lets she what she says i hope its good news following her assessment. I have taken videos on my phone on a few occasions when i have managed to catch it happening which im going to show her. I will update and let you guys know if they can shed any light on this.

With regards to the books, i have been reading one called At last a life by paul davis. Its good, and was a toss up between the claire weeks one. Does that one happen to explain the eye symtoms well?

I am sure we are all gona be fine, we have similar symptoms and just got to be strong and pull through. Like chris said it doesnt have to be crippling.

You still having the head tremors mate?mine have been bad today probabmy because im highly stressed.fell into the trap of convincing myself i have parkinsons as these internal head tremors aint normal.good luck for tomorrow

Shimmy81
11-01-18, 23:18
Hi potter yes mate stillness getting the head tremors, can happen in the day but more so at night. It causes my vision to shift and vibrate at times. I feel it’s down to anxiety. No matter how much anyone tells you, only you can do this - you have to stop getting worked up and thinking you have Parkinson’s and ms and the like.....I spoke to my gp last week and he is an excellent doctor and he assured me it’s not Parkinson’s or ms. You are too young to have Parkinson’s. But the more u keep thinking about it the worse you will get. It’s like a blood sucking leech, u got shake that sucker off!
All your symptoms, as you hav3 been told on this forum are down to anxiety mate.....like I said I work in front line health care and have never seen anyone your age with Parkinson’s....ever.