PDA

View Full Version : Dark spot in stool

Jiji
24-12-17, 13:19
I’m 23 y female, lately I’ve been worried about my stool color, it’s kinda light brown not yellow but it’s light with areas of dark brown but definitely not black, is it normal to have that? The darker areas are harder than the light ones
And is it normal to have light brown/yellowish stool ?
Pls help me I’m freaking out, I have medical anxiety and I’m really worried.

Jimbob12
24-12-17, 13:33
You are reading way too much into it, everyone has fluctuations of colour size and shape of stools depending on what you eat and even then anxiety can cause bowel distress and. Cause loose bowel movements.
If you notice dark blood in your stool over a prolonged time then you need to see a doctor but slight changes from time to time are completely normal.

My doctor once said to me after I complained of something similar "come back in 25 years "

Because I like you am in my 20s and its rare to suffer bowel diseases in your 20s

venusbluejeans
24-12-17, 14:30
Don't look in the toilet, just flush.

Jiji
25-12-17, 07:54
You are reading way too much into it, everyone has fluctuations of colour size and shape of stools depending on what you eat and even then anxiety can cause bowel distress and. Cause loose bowel movements.
If you notice dark blood in your stool over a prolonged time then you need to see a doctor but slight changes from time to time are completely normal.

My doctor once said to me after I complained of something similar "come back in 25 years "

Because I like you am in my 20s and its rare to suffer bowel diseases in your 20s

Thank you sweetie, but I always have darker spots in my stool I just used to blame it on my food like chocolate, green veggies and stuff, the thing is does blood in stool look black as in black black? Or it could be dark brown? Thank you for answering btw

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Don't look in the toilet, just flush.

Ok, I’ll do that, thanks lol