PDA

View Full Version : Guys is this Suicide-OCD or actual suicidality?! Please read carefully.

yoyo4545
24-12-17, 19:21
So, basically my story with HOPEFULLY Harm-OCD began 5 months ago, It was triggered by reading the news about Chester's bennington suicide. I am 20 years old male, with a previous history of OCD(Fear of getting a heroin addict.), but I can't tell if it is the same or worse. It is horrific.
Here is what happens.
After I read the news, in my head went something like 'If he can do it, then why shouldn't I?' And I started having intrusive suicidal thoughts, I will give an example:

-A friend: Lets go and drink a coffe tomorrow.

-Me: Okay

-My mind: If I don't suicide by then.

So basically at the begining (the first few hours) It was terrifying, but I was unaware what is going to happen after this.

So I got pretty paniced and googled: 'intrusive suicidal thoughts' and major depessive disorder or OCD showed up. I entered both web pages and both said '10 times higher chance of commiting suicide.'

This was the moment when everything fell appart.

This was the moment when I felt this rapid change in my mind.

This was the moment in which I felt like a part of me changed into something horrific.(Okay this was too much movie like sentence, but anyway.)

So basically my life is pretty rough since then I will try to be as accurate as possible, I have days in which I feel relatively normal. So, here are the things happening in my head and body. Some of them are constant, some of them are not.

Intrusive suicidal thoughts which feel real. I really hope they are intrusive, and not true Suicide Ideation. With a confusion If I want them or not. Which is terrifying.

Knot in the stomach.

Whenever I look online for something to buy, there is a feeling like 'There is no point I won't be here soon' and a knot in the stomach.

Feeling like I can't do anything fun, like can't relax I don't know how to describe it.

Less interest in people.

Less apetite.

Sudden feeling of tiredness sometimes.

Nearly constant, uneasiness.

Scary feeling, when I imagine my life without these thoughts, it feels like kind of boring?! I don't know it this is the right word.

Feeling on the edge, feeling like my life is shortened, like I will do something bad soon.

Random feeling of life being pointless without a reason with a variating duration.

Random TERRIFYING Intese feeling like trapped in life.

Random feeling that I need to escape, but there is no place to.

When I am feeling bad, there are constant thoughts, random things I have read on google reddit, with a pictures of the article I was reading.

I stopped working, and now I feel like If I work or feel overwhelmed I will do it.

I stopped University becausw of it, and because I didn't find it interesting.(I made a mistake with chosing my subject.

Intrusive unsettling feeling real scenarious in which my best friend tell me If I want to work with him.(We had a pretty sucessful store.

Feeling like I don't want to admit that I am suicidal?!

Feeling like I don't want to get better?!? I tried finding a reason, but I can't think a reason why, like I stop thinking when I try.

Fear that I developed these thoughts, a few days before Chester's thing, and I try to see my chats to see if there are some signs, but it is impossible to be sure.(This is not a big deal, but I am trying to be as accurate as possible.)

At first I thought this is depression, however I don't show many signs of depression. Then I thought it is Anxiety, but It feels darker and realer than Anxiety.

Weird negative feeling when babies arround.

Random feeling like everything I see is too much?

Fear/Feeling like this is something unknown, incurable and it is impossible to feel like before.

Intense moments when I feel like I am losing control. (I will give you an example of what it looks and feels like.) It happened 2-3 times for the last 5 months.

And the most important and horrific:
Scary intense moment with like a physical urge ######6. As it follows:
It is triggered randomly.
This is what happens: life feels meaningless with a weird image stuck in the back of my head feeling, like future idk, feeling of unrasiness, unsettled feeling, negative scenarious, I try to calm myself with a positive thoughts, I succeed for like a second, then it feels like the negative thoughts, reinforce themselfs and become more and more intense, then I am like 'If i feel like i will do something i will go to the hospital, chill., then like 'it doesn't matter you feel trapped' and it becomes even more intense and more intense uneasiness feeling, i close my eyes laying in my bed, almost starting to feel normal for a couple of seconds, then i open my eyes and everything in my head is intense again, i try again to counter them, it becomes even more intense.

I have several questions:

Can OCD feel like a desire?!?!

How long does OCD urges last?

Was this actual s urge or ocd?!

What does it look like?

Does it look like actual suicide ideation/suicidality?

Thanks in advance.

vicky23
25-12-17, 11:20
sounds very much like intrusive thoughts to me just because of the fact that you're posting on here I get the feeling you don't want to have these thoughts therefore it's likely they're part of your OCD.

Juustopallo
25-12-17, 11:43
I've dealt with intrusive thoughts with suicidal themes. The fact that you are contemplating whether or not you are suicidal proves it's just your ocd. Your theme isn't important. The pattern of ocd is always the same. You get unwanted thoughts or feelings and you respond with compulsive behavior trying to control, check and cope. The compulsions can be observable actions or something you do in your head. In your case you seem to use a lot of time and energy trying to convince yourself that you're not suicidal. I did that too. But the fact is, compulsions feed ocd and make it worse. When you find a little certainty, your mind comes up with a more absurd and bigger uncertainty. This is an endless loop until you take the necessary steps to stop it. What you need to do is identify all the things you do in order to cope, check and control the thoughts/feelings and cut those behaviors out. Be willing to feel all the uncertainty in the world while doing what you got to do in life. Go to school/work, see friends and family, excercise etc WHILE having those thoughts and do not respond to them in a compulsive way. This will be anxiety and uncertainty provoking but it will weaken the obsessions.