PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine- bladder cancer

crazygirl2
24-12-17, 22:58
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. This time it’s bad. Tuesday evening I saw blood in my urine. For the evening - like 4 times that night and twice the next morning. I have no symptoms of uti so immediately went to the dr. She wrote me a rx for uti and also gave me a name of a urologist. She sent the culture out and I’ve heard nothing. I think because there is no infection with the holiday upon us I won’t be able to call again until Tuesday. Obviously there are not a lot of reasons behind blood in the urine. Bladder cancer is all over Google... and I used to smoke for like 15-20 years. Smoking causes bladder cancer. I’ve had a lot health worries over the years but nothing like this. I’m scared to death. I can’t even function because I’m just so shocked. And I don’t even know what to do next...

girlgryphon
24-12-17, 23:32
This is so common. It happens to my mom all the time. It is almost certainly a UTI.

Careful1
25-12-17, 01:01
You can still have a UTI and not have symptoms... I am prone to them and it seems like everytime my urine is tested I'm given a script for antibotics cause they say I have a UTI, yet at the time I will be feeling fine.... I have 3 times in my life had one where I knew I had it from the symptoms. Not fun...
I'm sure it's probably just a simple a UTI, try not to worry.

Potter86
25-12-17, 01:05
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. This time it’s bad. Tuesday evening I saw blood in my urine. For the evening - like 4 times that night and twice the next morning. I have no symptoms of uti so immediately went to the dr. She wrote me a rx for uti and also gave me a name of a urologist. She sent the culture out and I’ve heard nothing. I think because there is no infection with the holiday upon us I won’t be able to call again until Tuesday. Obviously there are not a lot of reasons behind blood in the urine. Bladder cancer is all over Google... and I used to smoke for like 15-20 years. Smoking causes bladder cancer. I’ve had a lot health worries over the years but nothing like this. I’m scared to death. I can’t even function because I’m just so shocked. And I don’t even know what to do next...

This was the main cause for my health anxiety and the reason it all snowballed into something ridiculous that im struggling to get out of,i had a urine test before an operation no symptoms no nothing,then they found micro blood in urine whoch sent my head completley off!!!googled and googled bladder cancer!!! Repeated the test 6 times since and it was clear!! I have no idea what it was but keep the faith and dont panic,merry christmas

crazygirl2
25-12-17, 01:29
Thanks guys. It’s not making sense though I have had utis before why would it be different this time? Plus if there was an infection found they would have called me. Also on top of that the doctor said she’d refer me to a urologist. I can’t imagine why unless she thought there’s a chance it could be something serious. Just feel shocked because seeing blood in your urine is quite upsetting.

Annaboodle
25-12-17, 08:52
But blood in your urine IS a big symptom of a UTI. I had a really bad UTI where peeing blood was the first symptom. Didn't stop until the antibiotics kicked in. I got cramps too but the blood was the first thing.

I'm a bit confused by your post. You say the doc "wrote me a rx for uti" so doesn't that mean that doctor diagnosed that you do have one? Did she do a strip test to diagnose?

crazygirl2
25-12-17, 15:04
They took a sample and she said there was blood and *some* bacteria in it- when she said some she said it i a way that seemed there was not much bacteria....she said she was going to send it out for culture and see if anything grows. Then said she was also giving me the name of a urologist....so she's treating for uti because it's the simplest cause. I do not have a uti though. I am positive because this is not the way they present with me. With me it's the burning. I have ALWAYS had the burning and I have NEVER had blood.

If it was only a little bacteria in it that could be from how I collected it maybe i accidentally touched the lid or something. And I have never had a doctor send out a sample for culture because they always could tell for sure in the office.

Careful1
25-12-17, 15:27
They wouldn't be able to tell if there is a little or a lot of bacteria with the strips they use in the office, that's why they send it out for culture. The strips they use only tell them... yes or no. So yes there is blood, yes there is bacteria, yes there is protein etc etc... that's how those strips work.
I am not sure why the referral for Urologist but I have noticed the GP'S now a days seem to refer patients out for just about everything.. I think it's to cover themselves. Maybe she refered you out because you don't have symptoms of a UTI and even though she suspects a UTI she wants to be safe?
I don't know how old you are but I will tell you that bladder cancer is extremely rare in younger adults. Most people diagnosed with it are elderly. Of course it can and does happen to people younger but the chances are very very slim and it's usually not primary when it does occur in those patients.
Finding blood in your urine is scary but take comfort in the fact that more times then not the reason for its presence is nothing serious.. Try not to worry

crazygirl2
25-12-17, 17:05
They took a sample and she said there was blood and *some* bacteria in it- when she said some she said it i a way that seemed there was not much bacteria....she said she was going to send it out for culture and see if anything grows. Then said she was also giving me the name of a urologist....so she's treating for uti because it's the simplest cause. I do not have a uti though. I am positive because this is not the way they present with me. With me it's the burning. I have ALWAYS had the burning and I have NEVER had blood.

If it was only a little bacteria in it that could be from how I collected it maybe i accidentally touched the lid or something. And I have never had a doctor send out a sample for culture because they always could tell for sure in the office.

Careful1
25-12-17, 17:53
Okay and that is what I was telling you... There is no way for your DR to know if there is a little or a lot of bacteria with the strips they use in the office. It only tells them yes there is bacteria present or no there is none present.
By her saying there is some bacteria present doesn't mean she is telling you there is only a little bit of bacteria. She is simply telling you yes there is some bacteria in your sample.

Just because they have never sent your urine for culture doesn't mean they dont do it. I have had mine sent for culture more then a few times. Just because you normally have symptoms when you have a UTI doesn't mean you never had one and didn't have the normal symptoms. You could have had one before and weren't aware. Some drs are extra cautious. I have had confirmed UTI in the office and still have my urine sent for culture after being given a script for broad range antibiotics. They send it out to see if something grows and if it does what bacteria it is so they know what antibiotics to use. They use certain antibiotics to treat certain bacteria and perhaps the antibiotic you start out with even though its broad range can possibly not be effective for the bacteria they find.
I know you are afraid, I to have health anxiety and am currently struggling with some symptoms so I understand.. but we must understand that not everything that happens to us is sinister. It seems you have convinced yourself that you have bladder cancer and nothing anyone here has to offer will help ease your mind some....

No one here can tell you if you have bladder cancer or not, we can only tell you that it isn't likely so try not to worry. You should call your DR tomorrow and follow up on your culture. Maybe even ask to speak with her and express your worry... People get refereed to Urologist for more then just bladder cancer so try not to jump to conclusions.

crazygirl2
25-12-17, 20:12
Thank you. I was not aware that that is how those strips work. I know you're right there isn't anything I can do but try to relax and call tomorrow. It just sucks that I have to make this call and my daughter will be with me.

Careful1
25-12-17, 20:18
Yes waiting for answers deff does suck... Just trust that everything will be okay :)

crazygirl2
26-12-17, 13:07
This is so common. It happens to my mom all the time. It is almost certainly a UTI.
But I had had uti s before and they never were like this. Why would my body suddenly behave totally different with a uti? I've never had blood I always had the burning.....And i am a former smoker too so there is the cause.

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Also, I know I should calm down but you all know what this is like. Dreading the calls and the missing work and every single thing. I have never been this scared in all my history with HA. I'm so worried about my daughter if something should come of this.

paranoid-viking
26-12-17, 16:22
Well, if you do have blood in urine it is a red flag symptom you need to vcheck out ASAP. It is not nescsarily bladder cancer, in most cases it is not but this is a symptom you need to be better safe than sorry about.
If it is reassuring, let me first point out that BC predominantely affects older men, over 65, that it is fortunately one of those cancer with a predominantely high survival rate; the vast majority survives and the treatment is one of the easier in the cancer segment. A close member of my family had it and is alive and well today. Now, blood in urine could as many here write be many thing, but go check it out and we all hope for the best.

Let me again reassure you that I foind it very very unlikely you have bladder cancer, it is probably something else but again - better safe than sorry.

crazygirl2
26-12-17, 20:32
I am definitely on top of this and will have further testing. I just called the office again and they said the results are in but they'll have the doctor or her nurse contact me to read them to me. Now my heart rate is steadily quickened. I am afraid. Waiting for this call is for sure tough to say the least.

Careful1
27-12-17, 06:12
Just wondering if the doctor or nurse had a chance to call you back with the results of your culture?

crazygirl2
27-12-17, 16:18
No they have not. I did not call first thing today because my daughter was with me now she’s at a friends house but I am at work. I will call at 4 pm. Just a nightmare. And now I feel ever single little thing so I’m envisioning a huge meas with this all... like has it already spread.....

Mel_82
27-12-17, 21:58
Trace blood showed up in my urine last year. I too panicked - but after going to ultra sound and a cystoscope at the urologist it turns out this is normal for me.

No cancer, no horrid disease.
I suspect it will be the same for you too :)

Liziik
27-12-17, 22:03
When I had a uti there was virtually no bacteria but there was some. She said it was the earliest caught uti she had seen (she had to send it off to because she wanted a thorough test done because of how small the amount of bacteria was) So just because there is only a small amount doesn't mean there is no infection.

Annaboodle
27-12-17, 22:28
Hi. Did you get your results?

crazygirl2
27-12-17, 23:09
I still didn't get the results. I called and they said the doctor has been in some kind of training yesterday and today and they aren't sure if she had her laptop with her and that she's the one that needs to call me. It can't be another doctor. :ohmy:I'm like are you kidding me??!!

So just to be clear it's not trace amounts in my urine-- it was clearly blood that I could see, it was actually pinkish to almost red and when I wiped the tissue was pink. So i could see it. I'm out of my mind and I see at this point i will not have a definitive answer until i see a urologist. So i guess i make that appointment tomorrow.

In all of my years of HA it never occurred to me that I would get bladder cancer. I've had colonoscopies due to losing my mom to colon cancer and I just in November was called back for additional photos on my mammogram. I was sure i had breast cancer. Especially since 2 of my 3 sisters have had it. That turned out fine however. And i was feeling so grateful. And now this. There just aren't a lot of explanations for blood in urine. Especially when yourself fine otherwise.

Thanks guys. I am just beside myself with the waiting.

Potter86
27-12-17, 23:14
I still didn't get the results. I called and they said the doctor has been in some kind of training yesterday and today and they aren't sure if she had her laptop with her and that she's the one that needs to call me. It can't be another doctor. :ohmy:I'm like are you kidding me??!!

So just to be clear it's not trace amounts in my urine-- it was clearly blood that I could see, it was actually pinkish to almost red and when I wiped the tissue was pink. So i could see it. I'm out of my mind and I see at this point i will not have a definitive answer until i see a urologist. So i guess i make that appointment tomorrow.

In all of my years of HA it never occurred to me that I would get bladder cancer. I've had colonoscopies due to losing my mom to colon cancer and I just in November was called back for additional photos on my mammogram. I was sure i had breast cancer. Especially since 2 of my 3 sisters have had it. That turned out fine however. And i was feeling so grateful. And now this. There just aren't a lot of explanations for blood in urine. Especially when yourself fine otherwise.

Thanks guys. I am just beside myself with the waiting.
Blood in your urine doesnt only mean its from your bladder it could be your kidneys,it could be kidney stones?

crazygirl2
27-12-17, 23:17
Mel_82. What was the cytoscope like??

Annaboodle
27-12-17, 23:18
Blood in your urine doesnt only mean its from your bladder it could be your kidneys,it could be kidney stones?

When I had my bad UTI (a lot of bleeding in urine and terrible pain) I wondered about a kidney infection, but they gave me antibiotics for the UTI and that cleared it up. Though would that have cleared a kidney infection anyway? - I'm not sure (don't Google any more for the usual reasons)

crazygirl2
28-12-17, 00:02
The doctor basically ruled that out bec those are painful and I'm not having any pain .

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

When I had my bad UTI (a lot of bleeding in urine and terrible pain) I wondered about a kidney infection, but they gave me antibiotics for the UTI and that cleared it up. Though would that have cleared a kidney infection anyway? - I'm not sure (don't Google any more for the usual reasons)

Yes antibiotics would have cleared that up. Kidney infections really make you feel scrappy.

Careful1
28-12-17, 02:39
Kidney stones are painful only if they are big enough. I have had kidney stones before and had no pain... They were found on a ct scan i had for something else... I passed them and didn't even feel it.

Did Dr call you today?

crazygirl2
28-12-17, 14:58
Hi. Did you get your results?

Kidney stones are painful only if they are big enough. I have had kidney stones before and had no pain... They were found on a ct scan i had for something else... I passed them and didn't even feel it.

Did Dr call you today?

Dr still didn’t call😔 I’m wondering if I should just give a head and make the appointment with a urologist. I just don’t know what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Update . The dr called to say it is not a uti, referee to urologist. So I’m at work now and will find a urologist that takes my insurance and make the call when I get done with work. My lower back aches and that scares me.

Careful1
28-12-17, 16:24
I am glad doctor called you with results... Try to remain calm, I know its easier said then done but worrying yourself sick will change nothing (wish I could learn to follow my own advice :doh:)... Even if its not a UTI there are still other reasons for the presence of blood in ones urine with bladder cancer being at the bottom of the list.. It really is very unlikely that its bladder cancer.

I know its hard to find comfort when we are faced with things such as this and can be even more difficult when one has health anxiety because it seems like everything with us is worst case scenario but just hold on to and take some comfort in the fact that there are other things that can and do cause this to happen and that they are much more common then bladder cancer and of course we are all here if you feel the need to talk.... Try to stay positive :hugs:

crazygirl2
28-12-17, 17:02
Thank you. A million times thank you for taking the time to comfort a stranger. I’m trying my best to stay calm. I just look at my daughter and think to myself how can I prepare her? Who will help her brush her hair...ugh. Cannot let my mind go there.
So I guess now I wait until I can make this phone call to a urologist then I’ll have to tell my boss which is stressful too because I just had to ask him to leave early twice for my mammogram callback. Deep breaths do help . I feel like other things are popping up now like this back ache and dull pains in the bladder area.

jojo2316
28-12-17, 19:13
There is a long list of things it could be. Most cases of blood in the urine are not caus d by cancer. Small kidney stones are probably pretty likely. Of course you are worried, and I hope you do not have to wait to long to have the investigations. Is the bleeding still continuing or has it stopped now? Injury (a blow to the back or abdomen for example) or even extreme exercise can cause temporary blood in urine.
And, most commonly of all, no cause at all is found

lofwyr
28-12-17, 22:27
My wife had blood in her urine and it was kidney stones. She had no pain or symptoms whatsoever, and passed them without knowing it. The only reason she knew she had them was a scan for something else unrelated.

Careful1
28-12-17, 22:33
Same exact thing happened to me, no symptoms and only knew I had them because of a ct scan i had for something else... I had no symptoms and wasn't even aware I had passed them but I did because I had an ultrasound about a month later and they were gone.

crazygirl2
29-12-17, 00:16
So I got an appointment for Thursday. Have to miss a bit of work but I have no choice. And that's the least of my worries now. And for this visit it's a consultation and they'll take a urine sample but no cytoscopy to give any definitive answers. That will be a separate appointment. I'm not sure if this urinalysis will show if there are any abnormal cells or not. I'm a nervous wreck. To add to this I've got a good chance of being offered a job ive dreamed of for years. I was called for the interview prior to this blood happening. But is it wise to begin a new job at this point? And additional stress is coming from my husband, I was just about to tell him I am going to file for divorce. Is it wise to begin that journey right now? 3 pretty big life events are happening right now and im not sure i can handle it.

Careful1
29-12-17, 00:27
Yeah, you have a lot on your plate at the moment.... Its good that you have made the appointment and that its not to far off.. It deff does suck all the waiting we have to do when it comes to appointments and testing but while at your consult you could maybe talk to the doctor about your situation and ask some questions... Perhaps he/she will have a thought or 2 that will bring you some comfort?

I dont think I would pass on the job if its something that you have dreamed of having for a long time.. As far as having a sit down with your husband about a divorce... I am not sure about that one....

Try not to focus on the negative.. You do not have cancer until a pathology report tells you do and that is not likely to happen in this situation. You have to stay positive for you and your daughter. I know you are afraid but you have to find a way to keep positive, try not to allow the anxiety to get the best of you.

crazygirl2
03-01-18, 16:34
I have been doing a great job of staying busy and not panicking. My appointment is now tomorrow and I’m getting a bit anxious again. I feel like I’ve let my guard down and I shouldn’t have. On top of the appointment I’ve got possibly some snow to deal with in the morning too. Driving in it makes me nervous and then after the appointment I have to head to work. Gosh what if I’m in a high panic mode by the time I leave there because of whatever the doctor says and then I’ll have to calm myself down before I come into work. Ugh. I just feel hopeless.

O_O
03-01-18, 17:02
I have been doing a great job of staying busy and not panicking. My appointment is now tomorrow and I’m getting a bit anxious again. I feel like I’ve let my guard down and I shouldn’t have. On top of the appointment I’ve got possibly some snow to deal with in the morning too. Driving in it makes me nervous and then after the appointment I have to head to work. Gosh what if I’m in a high panic mode by the time I leave there because of whatever the doctor says and then I’ll have to calm myself down before I come into work. Ugh. I just feel hopeless.

You've got so many stressful things going on at the moment. I admire you for still managing to get to work. I don't have the strength of will to work at the moment. I have no words of wisdom for you but I really hope your appointment goes well and you get the all clear.

crazygirl2
04-01-18, 18:49
Thank you. I have no choice but to work I have to take care of my daughter and dog. So I rescheduled the appointment due to the snow. Now I go Monday.

crazygirl2
08-01-18, 20:52
Ok guys I’m back. I got my period today so the dr didn’t do an exam and my urine sample is not going to help I have to go back to provide one when my period is over. He is sending me for a renal ultrasound and an abdominal x Ray Friday morning. No scope yet. I wish he would have done that to get it over with. So I am still a ways from having any answers and still I am afraid. He said that bladder cancer is not the first thing he is thinking but really would any doctor say it is??
He said the culture did show a good amount of blood.... and that scares me. I hate this. And now I have to tell my daughter something because I have to leave early Friday morning for these tests and I’ll have to take her to before care at school

Fishmanpa
08-01-18, 21:05
He said that bladder cancer is not the first thing he is thinking but really would any doctor say it is??

In my experience yes.... My GP fast tracked me (Got a CT w/contrast in one day and ENT appt. two days later). When I went to the ENT about the node in my neck, I asked for his honest opinion flat out. He told me, based on his experience he thought it was cancer and he had seen enough of it. He just didn't know what type. He was right.

Waiting sucks but you have the advantage of a doctor who isn't catastrophizing ;)

Positive thoughts

Careful1
09-01-18, 01:57
I am glad you came back and updated us... I know you are still afraid but think about it like this... If the doctor you saw thought it was something serious, he would have been all over it. I have read on other forums people go for scans or labs and get a call the same day or the next and things get to moving within the next couple of days. If doctors suspect something serious they act on it quickly.

Keep trying to keep yourself busy and your mind on other things :bighug1:

crazygirl2
09-01-18, 14:12
In my experience yes.... My GP fast tracked me (Got a CT w/contrast in one day and ENT appt. two days later). When I went to the ENT about the node in my neck, I asked for his honest opinion flat out. He told me, based on his experience he thought it was cancer and he had seen enough of it. He just didn't know what type. He was right.

Waiting sucks but you have the advantage of a doctor who isn't catastrophizing ;)

Positive thoughts

Wait—you had cancer?? I’m sorry you had to go through that. What kind?

crazygirl2
11-01-18, 20:51
Again I was reading internet information and came across a website that stated gross hematuria should be viewed as a malignancy until
proven otherwise. It was a website for medical students I believe. And I can’t believe I’m still so far from a definitive answer.

Dubmom
14-01-18, 03:36
Did you have your scan yesterday? I hope it went well. I've been following your story and keeping you in my thoughts.

crazygirl2
14-01-18, 14:26
Thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate it. I did have the ultrasound and Xray Friday morning. They said the radiologist would read it and fax a report or the urologist within 24 hours. I thought I’d not hear anything until the coming week. To my surprise the urologist called my house Friday and left a message for me to return the call. I didn’t hear that message until their office was closed for the day. And I thought I specified on paperwork to contact my cell phone. So there is news but I have to wait until tomorrow on the results of those tests to hear .... Of course I am overwhelmed at this point with anxiety. I’ve never had a bout with HA on something that so strongly pointed to my worst fear. There’s nothing I can do now but wait. I’ll call the doctor in the morning. I’m nervous to begin with and even more so because my daughter doesn’t have school tomorrow so she’ll be home with me when I call....I could use all the prayers now if you can...

Careful1
14-01-18, 17:31
I will be praying for you... Keep trying to remain positive... :hugs:

jojo2316
15-01-18, 11:34
I know a little about waiting for results amid a "real" health scare and it is utter hell.... so I feel for you so much. I hope you receive good news. Thinking of you.

Dubmom
15-01-18, 21:26
Waiting is the absolute worst. You are in my prayers & I'm praying for a simple, benign reason for these problems you're having. Update us when you can.

Careful1
16-01-18, 19:52
Any news?

worrywart29
21-01-18, 00:40
I’m thinking of you. Hope everything is ok.

jojo2316
21-01-18, 08:16
Me too. I hope you can update us at some point. .X

O_O
21-01-18, 11:34
I really hope that crazy is ok. I'm fearing the worst for her now. I hope there was nothing really wrong and so perhaps she's just moved on and forgotten to update here.

worrywart29
21-01-18, 18:53
I really hope that crazy is ok. I'm fearing the worst for her now. I hope there was nothing really wrong and so perhaps she's just moved on and forgotten to update here.

Me too. I been checking everyday for an update.

Dubmom
21-01-18, 20:20
I have been checking for a reply too. Has anyone PM'ed her? I truly hope it's because everything was fine and she hasn't thought to come back to this site.

worrywart29
22-01-18, 00:25
I see she hasn’t logged in since the 14th

goldie84
22-01-18, 01:41
Hi there .. hope all is well! Did you get any updates?

Careful1
22-01-18, 06:56
I have messaged her but haven't heard anything back... I do hope she is okay.

crazygirl2
22-01-18, 17:04
Guys I’m here! I’m SO sorry I didn’t update I swear I thought I left a post but now I’m thinking since I post from my phone maybe I didn’t wait long enough for it to actually post before jumping off. Gosh ....
So I received a phone call last Friday the 12 th from the doctors office but I didn’t get the voicemail until they were closed for the day. So I had a onwait until
Monday and when I called the nurse said I have several kidney stones and to schedule an appointment to come in to discuss treatment. That appointment is tomorrow morning. In the meantime she said the doctor was out of the office for last week returning this eek. I am praying that that is all he suspects. If that’s all it is I will seriously be thrilled. But I’m not taking anything for granted. I don’t know how offices like that work if something more sinister were to have been seen in any of the years... like would the nurse have the authority to say oh yes there is a concern....or does the doctor handle the bad stuff? I don Know. So anyway tomorrow I’ll know more.
Thank you guys I am so grateful for your care and checking on me. Still amazed that perfect strangers have the ability to make someone feel less alone and scared at a time like this. I promise I will be back to update when I have more information

axolotl
22-01-18, 17:14
Monday and when I called the nurse said I have several kidney stones

Ouch, but also, yay!

O_O
22-01-18, 17:36
Guys I’m here! I’m SO sorry I didn’t update I swear I thought I left a post but now I’m thinking since I post from my phone maybe I didn’t wait long enough for it to actually post before jumping off. Gosh ....
So I received a phone call last Friday the 12 th from the doctors office but I didn’t get the voicemail until they were closed for the day. So I had a onwait until
Monday and when I called the nurse said I have several kidney stones and to schedule an appointment to come in to discuss treatment. That appointment is tomorrow morning. In the meantime she said the doctor was out of the office for last week returning this eek. I am praying that that is all he suspects. If that’s all it is I will seriously be thrilled. But I’m not taking anything for granted. I don’t know how offices like that work if something more sinister were to have been seen in any of the years... like would the nurse have the authority to say oh yes there is a concern....or does the doctor handle the bad stuff? I don Know. So anyway tomorrow I’ll know more.
Thank you guys I am so grateful for your care and checking on me. Still amazed that perfect strangers have the ability to make someone feel less alone and scared at a time like this. I promise I will be back to update when I have more information

Ah, excellent! Kidney stones would explain all of this. It would be really coincidental for you to have something ominous now that you've been diagnosed with a condition which can explain all your symptoms.

I'm sure they'll get you sorted out very soon and you can go back to normal!

worrywart29
22-01-18, 18:12
That’s awesome. I don’t think it’s anything worse than the stones that’s causing your symptoms. Great news!

ODA_555
22-01-18, 19:23
Relatively speaking, a kidney stones diagnosis is good news.

Careful1
22-01-18, 20:59
Nope, nothing more sinister then what the nurse told you... You will go in and discuss how you are going to get them out.. depending on the sizes there are couple different things they can try.

I am glad you came back and updated us, we were all worried about you... Please let us know how you get on at your appointment :hugs:

I dont know if you already do but drinking lots of water is a good way to prevent kidney stones... I had 2 caught on a ct scan I had for another reason but they were really small and I eventually passed them... After I learned about them, my doctor told me to increase my water intake and to avoid things like soda etc.

jojo2316
22-01-18, 21:31
PHEW!!!! And thank you so much for taking the time to update us. Seriously thrilled at this news! Xxx

crazygirl2
23-01-18, 15:54
So I just came from the urologists office. He recomm nds lithotripsy the shock wave treatment. Hi he doesn’t want to do it before he gets results from cytology so they’re sending outnurine sample today. He said results take 5 days and another woman in the office said 7. This is to check for signs of something more ominous it looks for abnormal cells in the bladder. So this scared me again and I’m certain I won’t n able to calm down as long as I’m waiting for these results. I’m nervous about the treatment too because I have to be under twilight sedation and it’s 6 in the morning which means some type of impact to my daughters day as well as my husband who will
Have to drive me ugh.
I’m really praying it’s only the stones and that the tests come back good.

jojo2316
23-01-18, 19:25
They will come back clear, they will! This is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I know you don't want to take anything fore granted but I think you can afford to relax a little bit.
Xx

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Besides the ultrasound would've picked up any major bladder abnormalities. So let yourself take a breath and try not to worry.

crazygirl2
24-01-18, 16:29
I can feel the cyst only ovary...like when I move certain ways in fact before I knew it was there I was afraid it was bladder related somehow. So now I’m hoping that it’s benign...there’s no other details from the radiologist about whether or not it appears benign . Only the size which is 2.8 x 3.8 x 3.3 cm.
Still asking for prayers that there is nothing bad is going on. Still so nervous about the urine cytology...

crazygirl2
26-01-18, 14:25
So now my gynecologist wants me to go for an ultrasound of my ovary. An additional worry now on top of this urine cytology. My goodness....

O_O
26-01-18, 14:36
I can feel the cyst only ovary...like when I move certain ways in fact before I knew it was there I was afraid it was bladder related somehow. So now I’m hoping that it’s benign...there’s no other details from the radiologist about whether or not it appears benign . Only the size which is 2.8 x 3.8 x 3.3 cm.
Still asking for prayers that there is nothing bad is going on. Still so nervous about the urine cytology...

Most ovarian cysts are benign, functional cysts. I seem to get them all the time since my miscarriage and I can often feel them if they get a bit big. They can be quite painful.

I had one that was 4cm and it just went away after a few weeks. It caused quite a lot of twinges though!

crazygirl2
26-01-18, 16:56
I was actually feeling like there was something off in that area too but I was attributing it to bladder stuff because of the blood... a weird feeling when getting out of the shower and drying off- raising my left leg high to dry off and put on panties was kind of uncomfortable. Last Friday I had some pain there. I hope it’s benign... wouldn’t radiologist have said if he thought it was benign??? I realize the ultrasound was for the kidneys but since he did see this why wouldn’t he have said it appears benign?? And this is day 3 waiting to hear about urine cytology

rachael t
31-01-18, 01:14
Hi any new x

O_O
31-01-18, 01:57
I was actually feeling like there was something off in that area too but I was attributing it to bladder stuff because of the blood... a weird feeling when getting out of the shower and drying off- raising my left leg high to dry off and put on panties was kind of uncomfortable. Last Friday I had some pain there. I hope it’s benign... wouldn’t radiologist have said if he thought it was benign??? I realize the ultrasound was for the kidneys but since he did see this why wouldn’t he have said it appears benign?? And this is day 3 waiting to hear about urine cytology

I had exactly the same sensations with my ovarian cysts. Raising the leg to put on underwear, or getting in and out of the bath, etc. Hope everything's ok.

crazygirl2
04-02-18, 13:43
Hi guys. I still haven’t heard results of the urine cytology. Probably tomorrow. I guess I’ve been waiting for that to make my appt for the ultrasound. I also figured I would try flaxmeal to re-regulate my hormones in hopes of that dissolving the cyst. I have no idea if there’s any merit to the claims of flax working that way but it’s worth a try.
So I thought last week was going to be worrisome but it looks like this week will be. Gosh it’s kind of too much going on....

crazygirl2
05-02-18, 23:37
Back again. So I called the office and the results are cin Miley’s however they say they cannot release them to me without the doctors ok. This is worrisome because wouldn’t she just be able to tell Me if everything was fine? Now I have to wait until tomorrow.... I can’t believe they didn’t call me...

worrywart29
06-02-18, 03:09
That’s normal. Nurses are not allowed to release results without a doctors permission

crazygirl2
06-02-18, 16:05
Ok so the results are normal. So glad about that.
Now I have to deal with this cyst and I am worried that this is the root ....why wouldn’t rh radiologist have specified if he thought it was benign?? It upsets me and scares me that I can feel it...

budgie1979
07-02-18, 18:12
Ok so the results are normal. So glad about that.
Now I have to deal with this cyst and I am worried that this is the root ....why wouldn’t rh radiologist have specified if he thought it was benign?? It upsets me and scares me that I can feel it...

I've had several cysts in the past. They don't ever say 100% that they are benign based on imaging because they can't. They will say if it seems to have certain features that are more indicative of malignancy, but the only way to know for sure would be to biopsy the cyst. Since the large majority of them are benign and go away on their own, that doesn't happen unless they are big enough to need removal or something about them looks concerning. Last one I had was around 3cm, and the gyno told me she wouldn't consider removal for anything under 5cm, again unless it looks potentially malignant on ultrasound.

If there were no other comments other than "cyst" with measurements, I would take that as a good sign. Ask your doctor about monitoring it--I had to go for a repeat ultrasound after 8 weeks and mine had resolved by then. That was over the summer, and I think I have another on the same ovary right now, based on having that familiar "tight" and achy feeling. :weep:

crazygirl2
08-02-18, 18:05
I had my annual exam in September and I’m pretty Bauer the dr felt my ovaries he always does and he didn’t notice anything then. I do remember feeling the leg lifting discomfort in November for sure. So we’re already talking about almost 3 months.