PDA

View Full Version : Long permanent red spot at the back of mouth (Palatoglossal Arch)

ulsbold
25-12-17, 14:45
There is this long red spot at the back of my mouth on the right side beside my Uvula (painless). (Image attached) First noticed it over 3 weeks ago and it had no change since then.I was trying to look for a bump I noticed in my mouth which was probably mucous cyst and ended up discovering this. I went to the doctor a week ago and she said it is due to some sort of blood vessels showing this permanent mark and nothing to worry about. I am worried that this might be a misdiagnosis because I am a 17 year old non-smoking male teenager who is Asian. I've smoked for a year in the past and vaped for a few months. I do not think I have HPV 16 virus because I've had sex only once in my life with a condom and without oral interaction. Although I have a recurring plantar wart but I do not think it has anything to do with HPV 16 or 18. I feel mild painful swallowing time to time but I am convinced it is due to the placebo effect. Please help relieve my mind. Thank you ! (I've had my tonsils removed at age 7)

Fishmanpa
25-12-17, 16:27
Please help relieve my mind.

I went to the doctor a week ago and she said it is due to some sort of blood vessels showing this permanent mark and nothing to worry about.

All you need to know.

Positive thoughts