PDA

View Full Version : Private colonoscopy

Jenni855
26-12-17, 13:32
How much are they?
I am pretty sure I have an inflammatory disease or cancer. Had what I thought was a stomach bug back in October with diarrhoea some of which was bloody but which then returned to normal colour. It lasted 3 weeks and I got better for a month but now symptoms are coming back. Had bleeding again at beginning of month which I was told was piles as my bum also felt sore and swollen. That pain went and then the diarrhea came back and started waking me up in the night as it did back in October. I also see traces of blood from time to time. I am sure I am very ill most probably with an inflammatory disease but also could be a cancer. I have lost a lot of weight with this recent episode too. I have the doctors tomorrow and know for a fact I will be referred. My hope is that I will be an urgent case and seen within 2 weeks but because I am under 40, that
may not be the case. My only option will be to go private. Does anyone know about wait times or how much they cost? I need my life back. Yes, I know I have a chronic condition/illness but I need to know what I am dealing with. I cannot wait around months to know.

Pepperpot
26-12-17, 19:53
Just had a quick google and found this https://www.bupa.co.uk/health/bupa-on-demand/on-demand-colonoscopy

My back end bleeds when I have had more than 3 poos a day or when I have the runs. If its sore and swollen that will be piles or a fissure. Your symptoms wouldn't come and go if it was something terrible. x

Jenni855
26-12-17, 23:11
I would like to think so Pepperpot but I have heard inflammatory diseases can start off mild and reoccur. I am terrified :(

Pepperpot
27-12-17, 12:06
what did the doc say

Jenni855
27-12-17, 12:52
Suspects an inflammatory disease like I thought I had all along :(
No pain but acid feeling in stomach with lots of gurgling and diarrhoea 3-4 times a day one of which normally occurs at night. Had stomach checked again (Twice now and both times fine) and a previous stool sample came back clear. Had blood test today and told to do another 2 stool samples. One tests for infection, the other inflammation. The worst thing is that I specifically had to ask for the inflammation test t even though she said herself she suspects Crohns. :(
I have to go back Wednesday to discuss test results. Am sure they will come back with something sinister. I am even preparing myself for bowel cancer too. It's terrifying. I said the worry was taking over my life and she said "Are you a worrier?" Um, I have blood in my poo here and there, weeks of on/off diarrhoea and she's asking me if I am worried?
Crazy.....