PDA

View Full Version : Red skin lump on leg

john88
27-12-17, 00:08
Hello,

I've had a red skin lump on my leg for the past 2-3 years (possibly longer). It is round and raised, about 1.5cm in length, it's not hard, but kinda squishy (I can squash it down a little) and moves around a bit and is shaped kind of like a button. It has never hurt, bled or itched.

About 4 months ago I knocked it pretty hard and it bled quite a bit. After a week it scabbed over and the scab remained. I recently went to see a doctor and he pulled the scab off revealing granulation tissue. He referred me to a dermatologist who I was able to see that day. The dermatologist told me I had a low grade infection and prescribed me antibiotics and betadine ointment. I asked him what he thought it was but all he did was pinch the skin surrounding the lump and told me to keep it dry and come back in 2 weeks to talk about possible removal. He didn't seem concerned at all and didn't biopsy, which is weird.

1 week later the infection has cleared up but is still a weird red lump on my leg that's freaking me out.

Any ideas?

Fishmanpa
27-12-17, 00:16
It's most likely a cyst or lipoma. No biggie at all.

Positive thoughts

Mindphaser
27-12-17, 15:57
Take a photo maybe?

john88
28-12-17, 00:33
It's most likely a cyst or lipoma. No biggie at all.

Positive thoughts

Hopefully, but I think it's a surface lump. Don't lipoma's and cysts start underneath the skin and form a 'bulge'? Mine looks like a big red skin tag.

I can't take a photo unfortunately. My phone is old and I can't send the pics to my computer.

john88
30-12-17, 00:22
I think it might have gotten a little bigger. But only by a tiny bit. I measure it by using my thumb nail. Before it sat easily inside it but now it's almost the same size (1.5-2cm). Do benign lumps do that? I'm due to see the dermatologist in 4 days, do you think I should go sooner?

also I found a pic of what it looks like, but mine is red and smooth.

see if attachment works...