PDA

View Full Version : Im sick again

Pandarug
27-12-17, 02:11
There’s a a long story behind this but at the beginning of November I had strep throat. Since then I’ve had bumps in the back of my throat, something that was like bronchitis or a sinus infection and an after cough that won’t go away. Well today I have a sore throat that just started, it feels mostly achy, my right tonsil is big and my lymph nodes hurt. I had a very gradual head ache all day, it very weak though. Yesterday I blew my nose and it had yellow in it. How am I sick again?? I’m scared and mad, I just barely got better from my last sickness.

Careful1
27-12-17, 02:48
Unfortunately it happens that way sometimes... Its a common misconception that yellow or green mucous means you have an infection. When you have a cold, your immune system sends white blood cells called neutrophils rushing to the area but if you have strep throat again, a sinus infection or bronchitis a round of antibiotics may be needed so you should maybe make an appt with your doctor to make sure its not just a virus.. From here on out you can help protect yourself in the future by boosting your immune system... Get adequate amounts of sleep and keep a healthy diet. There are certain foods that are good for your immune system. When it comes to colds all you can really do to avoid them is keep your immune system up and do try to protect yourself from catching the virus to begin with... Like washing your hands frequently and try to avoid touching your face. Get some Lysol spray and disinfect your house, use bleach to wipe down your counters etc... When I get over being sick, I buy a new toothbrush as well and wash all my bedding in hot water not sure if doing that helps but it makes me feel better knowing I did it.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Pandarug
27-12-17, 04:43
Unfortunately it happens that way sometimes... Its a common misconception that yellow or green mucous means you have an infection. When you have a cold, your immune system sends white blood cells called neutrophils rushing to the area but if you have strep throat again, a sinus infection or bronchitis a round of antibiotics may be needed so you should maybe make an appt with your doctor to make sure its not just a virus.. From here on out you can help protect yourself in the future by boosting your immune system... Get adequate amounts of sleep and keep a healthy diet. There are certain foods that are good for your immune system. When it comes to colds all you can really do to avoid them is keep your immune system up and do try to protect yourself from catching the virus to begin with... Like washing your hands frequently and try to avoid touching your face. Get some Lysol spray and disinfect your house, use bleach to wipe down your counters etc... When I get over being sick, I buy a new toothbrush as well and wash all my bedding in hot water not sure if doing that helps but it makes me feel better knowing I did it.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thank you for your response :) I already went to the doctors a few weeks ago and I’m almost afraid to go back. I kind of don’t want to concern her she’s so nice.I’m so afraid I have C I can’t even say it. Like my old bout of HA I was afraid of the doctors :(((

jules321
27-12-17, 05:51
Did you throw out your toothbrush when you had strep? If not you could have reinfected yourself. Go back to doc in case your strep returned.

Careful1
27-12-17, 05:54
Dont be afraid, that is what she is there for and its important that you make sure its just the common cold or something viral and not some sort of infection that possibly needs antibiotics, if you have strep throat you for sure need them.

Do not worry, you do not have cancer.