PDA

View Full Version : Who Want's To Get Better In 2018?

Bigboyuk
27-12-17, 11:09
Hi All I am starting this thread, cause I have had a bad year in more ways than one. The list is quite long, Next year is only a few days away and I need and want a better year! So lets all try and help each other in any way we can.
as I don't want to be posting the same old stuff it's time to start getting better so who is in on this? ATB

Hollow
27-12-17, 11:59
Hi BBoy,

There's no doubt that 2017 was a disaster for me as well in every way imaginable. However, It's good to see that you're in high spirits and I'm sure 2018 will be a much better year. So, let's keep marching forward until we achieve total recovery!

Bigboyuk
27-12-17, 12:35
Hi Hollow good to hear from you mate :) Yeah well I try and keep my spirits up and the march is long one, but it can be done :) I will send you a pm Take care ATB

emily67
29-12-17, 07:59
all I want for 2018 is something good to happen

looking back on 2017... what a horrible year

ServerError
29-12-17, 10:27
I'm determined that something good will happen for me in 2018. I don't know what that is, but I want to make it happen. Even if it's just an amazing holiday, I'll be happy. But I want to get my career back on track and I think the time will come in 2018. I'm going to do my best.

Bigboyuk
29-12-17, 11:40
Hmm Interesting folks that some members are slipping in not their recovery but other things. Sure I want nice things to happen to me in 2018, but I truly want to get recovered first if that makes sense?

pulisa
29-12-17, 13:54
"Recovery" means different things to people though. Just feeling better mentally and consequently physically is something that many people would be aiming for, I reckon. Improving their lives in any way possible whatever that means to the individual?

ServerError
29-12-17, 20:24
Yeah, the whole reason I've set myself the targets I mentioned is because I recognise how important it would be to me getting my mental health back on track.

Catherine S
29-12-17, 20:38
Server, you'll get there. All the best for the New Year.

Different things can make people stressed or depressed. I'm lucky enough to be able to say that after many years as a sufferer, most of my health anxieties are behind me now, but I remember being fully in the grip of them in the past and it was terrifying.

There are still aspects of it that have lingered...claustrophobia being a biggie which I know doesn't seem like much, but it controls a fair chunk of my life believe it or not, like where I can go, especially in public places and travelling etc, so it can be stressful.

I wish us all a healthier year to come, and that we all find ways of dealing with, or banishing our fears and troubles for good, no matter what they are.

Best wishes to everyone...cheers.

Cath S ☺

Magic
30-12-17, 15:57
Thanks Catherine. All the best for the New Year xxx

Ten times we have been to the hospital with my hubby this year and have gotten nowhere. He has two more appointments in January. Hope that's the last time we have to go for this particular problem. The thing is he is fit as a fiddle.:doh:

Catherine S
30-12-17, 16:02
Magic, I hope 2018 is much kinder to your hubby :)

Very best wishes x x

UrbanMark
30-12-17, 16:51
Hi all,
My 2018 will consist of giving up sugar, alcohol and SSRIs.
Drinking too much and blacking out has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past, so if I remove it from life my anxiety should decrease and my need for medication.

Good luck to all.

mezzaninedoor
10-01-18, 20:19
I guess most of us want to feel better in 2018, I know I do but I have been told that to some degree I will never be free of navigating my condition.

Wishing everyone the best possible 2018 you can have.